Help on pricing my 96 GTS, may sell it.

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I cheated and painted blue stripes on my 99 ACR...There goes my collector value.

Poser! :D Yeah, someone ran the VIN for me on here to make sure my stripes were original. The dealer I bought it from thought i was crazy for caring about the originality of the stripes. Apparently they did not know the rarity of the color combo which reflected in the price i bought it for.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
96 dash is painted hard plastic. 97 dash is molded vinyl.
96 w.s at base of exterior side glass is 2 piece, 97 one piece
96 wheels are cast, moderate polish on aluminum, 97 is forged, high polish.
Ed

Thanks much! I bought a 96 B/W GTS because it was in my opinion a good price. Paid $35,000 with 27,000 miles. He wanted & 40,000 but I said no way!! I paid less because he changed the brakes to a wilwood stage 2 set up and replaced the shocks with JRZ adjustable and put a be cool aluminum radiator in it. He spent about $13,000 + counting labor so I thought it was a good trade off. It diminishes the value but I like the way it stops and rides compared to a stock one so I went for it.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks much! I bought a 96 B/W GTS because it was in my opinion a good price. Paid $35,000 with 27,000 miles. He wanted & 40,000 but I said no way!! I paid less because he changed the brakes to a wilwood stage 2 set up and replaced the shocks with JRZ adjustable and put a be cool aluminum radiator in it. He spent about $13,000 + counting labor so I thought it was a good trade off. It diminishes the value but I like the way it stops and rides compared to a stock one so I went for it.
If he spent 13k+ on it why do you think it diminished the value?

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he spent 13k+ on it why do you think it diminished the value?

I was told that it is worth more if you have all the factory parts on it or at least have them in possession but he did not keep them so I told him $35,000, take it or leave it and he took it. I think also it drops when it hits 30,000 miles and mine has 27,000 so I think I did ok.

I couldn't see paying $50,000 for an all stock lower mile one when my purpose is to drive it, not stare at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi