FS: 2001 Sapphire GTS/ACR

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car is worth a look at. So pretty!

Agreed- Sapphire is one of the BEST colors and one of the most rare. You have to see it in person to truly appreciate. This car is amazing. Good luck with the sale.

If you need references let me know, I can vouch that this car was taken car of and loved every minute during its life in our VCA region.

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently have someone local planning to finally come look at the car this Saturday morning.
Been contacted by a person in the McKinny, TX area that is trying to decide between waiting for his Porsche to sell or convince his wife to buy this and sell the Porsche.

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently have someone local planning to finally come look at the car this Saturday morning.
Been contacted by a person in the McKinny, TX area that is trying to decide between waiting for his Porsche to sell or convince his wife to buy this and sell the Porsche.

He needs to tell his wife the Viper is just like the Porsche, but with 100 more hp, less maintenance costs, and more sex appeal. Maybe he can keep the last one to himself.

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most of the folks that contact us through eBay are trying to get us to take $10,000 less then our asking price. :crazy2:
Or do a trade for something :nono:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most of the folks that contact us through eBay are trying to get us to take $10,000 less then our asking price. :crazy2:
Or do a trade for something :nono:

Yup, went through the same thing. Didn't do EBay but did cars.com, autotrader etc.
They all think you are desperate and have to sell and they want to steal it.
Or offer 10K plus their mobile home..lol.....
It will sell eventually if you can hang in there. Try local advertising?

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do have it on Autotrader and really surprised how little contact we have gotten from there.
Also do bounce it around Texas cities Craiglist.
We are in no rush.

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, went through the same thing. Didn't do EBay but did cars.com, autotrader etc.
They all think you are desperate and have to sell and they want to steal it.
Or offer 10K plus their mobile home..lol.....
It will sell eventually if you can hang in there. Try local advertising?

Yes, having gone through this, I find it amazing how many dreamers with no money and less intention are out there. If they spent half the time they waste bothering trusting owners and spent it on their actual life pursuits, they'd have the income to cover it. Or they'd appreciate time more. Either would be fine.

I guess this is normal though. I have met some nice folks during this, and a couple on this forum who've actually bought cars and joined up, which is cool. When the right person shows up for your car, you'll BOTH be very glad you got together. Best wishes. You've got a great car.

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is still for sale. Had one guy call a week ago saying this car was the exact one he wanted but never heard him again.
A gentleman from Cali visiting Austin for the weekend came by today to look at the car. He mentioned having a 2000 and a gen 1 in the past and regrets letting the 2000 go.