Help...Pass door wont open..

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changed out my pass door panel(inside) and now the door wont open from the outside.Opens from the inside ok..Drivers door works fine..I know I have the 2 electical connectors attached inside...I cant seem to find a fuse that says its for the door locks in my manual...Any hints on what I should try before I have to take the door panel off again.:mad: TIA Kevin

What does this mean::On page 27 09 Viper manual: This vehicle is equipped with a virtual lock system. Input from the outside door handle is ignored if the vehicle is virtually locked....

Last edited:
OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought so..:( The fob locks both doors too....I have another question.If Iam sitting in the car and lock either door with the door lock switch on either door should I be able to open that door..?? Or do I have to press the switch to unlock..??

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could I have burnt the switch changing the door panel.? What fuse cintrols the locks or handle.? I dont see it listed.. Kevin

MY600HP

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Could you have damaged the switch in the outside door handle when you removed the panel? You could have just the passenger door "locked" which would explain why the door will not open from the outside (out of sync if you will). As I recall the "door locked" display flashes in the cluster when only one door is "locked". I would recommend you try to unlock the car with the key fob and press the unlock twice. Then try the door and hopefully it will work. If not you could also try a battery reset as well.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fixed it.. The little microswitch under the inside panel was not lined up good with the inner handle...Thanks all...Kevin