HELP...terminated from my job, need to get out of lease

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are the other solutions hes probably upside down about 20k

Agreed. There is really nothing to do in this situation besides get someone else to take it over but the payments are so high for a long period this is even going to be diffucult. I see a 06 Coupe on lease trader for $635 a month with $4K down for 22 months and the down is negoitable and still no bites after months of advertising!

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. There is really nothing to do in this situation besides get someone else to take it over but the payments are so high for a long period this is even going to be diffucult. I see a 06 Coupe on lease trader for $635 a month with $4K down for 22 months and the down is negoitable and still no bites after months of advertising!

Yep, saw that one too.

It's also very common for owners to offer an upfront incentive to get the leases assumed(I had to when I advertised an M3 on Leasetrader.com.)

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I am sorry for what has happened to you. I hope it all works out for you. This is why if I cant pay cash and own it I dont buy.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
buy out will be high most likely high,my buy out on my car as of this month is 81k,while dealers are selling brand new 09 for 68k makes me sick.i leased it at full sticker price foolish me at the time,oh well im enjoying the car and hate when it comes down to writing that ck in todays times.

I hadn't heard of a new '09s going for that little.

If I didn't still have almost 30k and 3 years on my 7/70 bumper to bumper coverage left I'd be looking at getting a new one now.

I truly hope the Viper survives for at least another couple of years!

Last edited:

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, saw that one too.

It's also very common for owners to offer an upfront incentive to get the leases assumed(I had to when I advertised an M3 on Leasetrader.com.)

My GF is going to use Leasetrader to move her car. We are going to leave the country for a while. When you turn the car to someone else whats involved in the paper work to protect you, the seller? Is there information I can find on doing the paper work. Toyota Camery Hybrid $429/month here.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hadn't heard of a new '09s going for that little.

If I didn't still have almost 30k and 3 years on my 7/70 bumper to bumper coverage left I'd be looking at getting a new one now.

I truly hope the Viper survives for at least another couple of years!
i doubt viper will survive 2 more years,there are 09s selling cheap i hate them for doing that but there are dealerships going out of buss that are doing that.

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, prices are off by 20000 from last year. That is amazing. But it was the reason I was able to get the Viper.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GF is going to use Leasetrader to move her car. We are going to leave the country for a while. When you turn the car to someone else whats involved in the paper work to protect you, the seller? Is there information I can find on doing the paper work. Toyota Camery Hybrid $429/month here.

Check the FAQ on the leasetrader website- they should have the answers for you. Good luck, as I would suspect there are a bazzilion Camrys available nationwide.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Take off the headers and aftermarket stuff and list it for sale and see if you can make a couple grand for the time being to keep you going.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
geez, zach. sorry to hear about this. you have been on one hell of a roller coaster over the past 2 yrs. just remember, money is made and lost easily. you will be back. traders are always needed somewhere.

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ileased a new 2006 srt vert with 7700.00 down on a 27 mo lease for $920.00 per month. I lease it in may of 07. Its financed through Chrysler. I am thinking of leasing again but at the prices your mentioning NO WAY. I can lease a ferrari for that.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ileased a new 2006 srt vert with 7700.00 down on a 27 mo lease for $920.00 per month. I lease it in may of 07. Its financed through Chrysler. I am thinking of leasing again but at the prices your mentioning NO WAY. I can lease a ferrari for that.
what model ferrari can u lease for 0 down and 1200 a month?

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jingle mail............ give 'em the keys and walk. They want 80k?? hahaha .... give 'em the keys! It's time to talk some serious trash! They accept 60k (+/-) or you bail. Sorry but your credit is screwed! F 'em, they hosed you at purchase..your turn. Call 'em!

Umm, I've been known to be a bit blunt..sorry.

How exactly did they "hose" him? Just because they sold the car to him at MSRP and he agreed, they "hosed" him huh? It's thinking like that and people that think like you that are allowing their houses to go to foreclosure because they made a bad choice. F-em, as you say, someone else will pay for it. Well that "someone else" is the people that pay taxes in this country. Now take a look at our economy because of your "f-em" attitude. I'm so sick of people always wanting to blame someone else for their poor decisions.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How exactly did they "hose" him? Just because they sold the car to him at MSRP and he agreed, they "hosed" him huh? It's thinking like that and people that think like you that are allowing their houses to go to foreclosure because they made a bad choice. F-em, as you say, someone else will pay for it. Well that "someone else" is the people that pay taxes in this country. Now take a look at our economy because of your "f-em" attitude. I'm so sick of people always wanting to blame someone else for their poor decisions.

+1 In addition, it is pretty bad when the head of the Treasury has a pattern of income tax problems AND expects to soak the honest citizens who actually pay their taxes for even higher taxes.

Btw, this does NOT relate to the original poster--I hope he finds an even better situation soon!

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His original post says he is paying 1800.00 a month with about 5k down

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get me started on the CA smog laws... Basically, if you have ANYTHING on your car that is part of the emission system that doesn't have a CARB number prominently displayed, you can fail the visual inspection. I once failed because the smog guy couldn't 'see' the cats on my GTS (which are impossible to see with the sills in place), and I once had a guy ask me to come back with the heat shields removed from the exhaust manifolds so that he could verify that the stock manifold was in place. You don't even get to the sniff test until they do the visual...

Boy do i love Missouri

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what model ferrari can u lease for 0 down and 1200 a month?

You can't... A Ferrari Lease will run you $2500/mo WITH money down..

$1200/mo. on a 2008 Viper is NOT bad... The car mentioned on swapalease is a GOOD deal. BUT, its also a 2006..

If you want to protect your credit, throw in an incentive, to get payments in the 8-900 range. You WILL move the car, if you do that.. That is the only way out of this, with your credit intact. No way a buy out is an option.... Either keep it, or throw a incentive in. To "motivate" someone..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc