HELP! Who has Stoptech two-piece rotors on ACR or SRT?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a lightly used set of Stoptech rotors from JonB (look new to me), but I'm not sure which go on the front/rear or left/right.

The hats look different... on one pair, they are almost flush with rotor disc while the other pair has a slight offset between rotor and hat. Which is front and rear?

Also, which way should the vanes be facing on the perpendicular edge of the rotor? Looking from the front, should you see a "ramp" or an upside-down ramp? Hoping to figure out which is left/right.

I'd call JonB, but he's closed. I'm in the process of installing the rotors now, with car up in the air. Thanks!

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is the rear right(passenger).. mine was damaged in shipping and exchanged

108.jpg

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Wallbanger. The flatter hats worked in the rear (although it makes sense considering the offsets, better to be sure before I reinstalled everything).

Wow, lots of damage during shipping. Looks like someone shot it with a shotgun :)

I bought the slotted ones for the track, wasn't sure how the drilled would hold up. Have you tried yours on the track yet?

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would the squealers hit the rotors or the hats? I currently have Mintex track pads on (no squealers), but will put the stock ones with squealers back on after the last event of the year.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Achilles,

At the track all weekend - ran the Roval at Auto Club Speeway, Fontana.

A black sharpie will touch up those nicks on the hats although the wheels will cover most of them.

Sounds like you figured out the rest. Rotor vanes are curved from the inside to the outside front to rear of each rotor, i.e. they look kinda' swept back.

Now would be a good time to duct some air to your front brakes if you haven't put them back together yet. 4-inch high temp silicone hose and some zip ties will do the trick.

The brake pad wear sensors (squealers?) will break right off with pliers and a few bends. You will want to remove them from your stock pads before re-installing them. I run the race pads all year long and don't bother changing back to stock but either way will work.

Good luck,

Dan

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan - Where do you have the hose attached and pointed to? I was going to try and rig something up this weekend that would guide the air into the middle of the rotor, aka spindle kits similar to the ones available for vettes. I've got everything back together, but on a lift I could probably put the hose on without taking anything apart. Heading to the track myself this Saturday for most likely the last event of the year. So sad :(

King Snake - That's right, taller ones up front.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Achilles,

I picked up some 4-inch high temp silicone hoses, cut the OE mini-ducts back to almost straight, attached the silicone hoses, zip tied them, routed them around the shocks (using more zip ties) and pointed them at the area between the caliper and the center of the rotor. You do have to shape / bend the silicone hoses to make space in a couple of spots (one so that the front tires don't rub on them). This set up is inexpensive, easy to install, hasn't caused any problems, is a bit crude but has been effective.

A 3-inch diameter hose would fit better but may not flow as much air.

I plan to put together a mounting bracket and "nozzle" set up for my 09 ACR similar to the Cone Brake Cooling Duct Kit for Gen II's.

Have fun at the track.

Dan

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool idea. Did you pick up hoses locally or online? Any pics? Next time I have the car up on the lift, I'm going to try this. I always thought brake cooling was a weak point. They should have done this from the factory, they were more than halfway there with the brake ducts in the bumper!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They found out that the driving light holes don't flow air after about 80mph.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi