Help with Dave's E-brake install....

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got around to doing the rears to complete my Dave's BBK and now I am stuck because there is not enough slack in the e-brake line. I removed the arm rest and had a friend pull on the cable and still not enough slack to get it to reach the little arm on the e-brake caliper. Don't see any where that I can also adjust the slack. Does both sides need to be un-hooked from the stock caliper in order to give it enough slack? Stuck and have no clue..... :dunno:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post a picture of the lack of slack. There should of been enough. I installed the kit on my car and a buddies and bot cars just needed a slight tug on the inner cable to work. Show how you have it routed in the rear.

OP
OP
G

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post a picture of the lack of slack. There should of been enough. I installed the kit on my car and a buddies and bot cars just needed a slight tug on the inner cable to work. Show how you have it routed in the rear.

I'll try and get a few pics later, I already started to disassemble it last night. From looking at some pictures on Mark @ IPSCO (guy who makes them) site I see that the little caliber arm on my set is set pretty far back compared to others, which is causing the need for more slack. I'm going to call him today and see if I can set this arm in place myself with out messing anything up.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll try and get a few pics later, I already started to disassemble it last night. From looking at some pictures on Mark @ IPSCO (guy who makes them) site I see that the little caliber arm on my set is set pretty far back compared to others, which is causing the need for more slack. I'm going to call him today and see if I can set this arm in place myself with out messing anything up.

If you have talked with him, then you probaly got the answer you needed. I had the same issue where the lever was farther rearward than the photo in his instructions. When I used the technique that he described over the phone to reposition the lever. It came out exacly like the photo, and then the cable fit perfectly. I'm not sure why it wasn't installed right the first time. Perhaps whoever he has assembling them doesn't realize the criticality of that lever's position on the Viper, or there are other variables in the assembly equation. I talked with him and he has definitely got a design that accomodates adjusting it. The only gotcha for a DIYer is that to make the adjustment, I had to take the nut off that hods the lever arm on, and that took a thin wall socket. A grinder and a normal socket fixed that issue. Very nice and helpful guy, for sure.

OP
OP
G

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have talked with him, then you probaly got the answer you needed. I had the same issue where the lever was farther rearward than the photo in his instructions. When I used the technique that he described over the phone to reposition the lever. It came out exacly like the photo, and then the cable fit perfectly. I'm not sure why it wasn't installed right the first time. Perhaps whoever he has assembling them doesn't realize the criticality of that lever's position on the Viper, or there are other variables in the assembly equation. I talked with him and he has definitely got a design that accomodates adjusting it. The only gotcha for a DIYer is that to make the adjustment, I had to take the nut off that hods the lever arm on, and that took a thin wall socket. A grinder and a normal socket fixed that issue. Very nice and helpful guy, for sure.

Couldn't have said it better.... thanks for the replies everyone.... it's been fixed.