HELP!!!!

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was putting a new crankshaft sprocket on and after it would not go any further, I felt around the snout and found this, so I removed the sprocket. Have I f'ed up something. What do I do now?

Attachments

• crankshaft.JPG
    crankshaft.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 40
  • crankshaft 2.JPG
    crankshaft 2.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 34

austinjn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just tap the key back into the groove. Make sure your sprocket keyway is aligned before you try to install again.

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a way to turn the crank so I can align it better as I am having a hard time with this. I have it on again pretty face but some of the key is still sticking out, will it go back in the more I press the sprocket on?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was putting a new crankshaft sprocket on and after it would not go any further, I felt around the snout and found this, so I removed the sprocket. Have I f'ed up something. What do I do now?

Specifically, it's called a Woodruff key . Used to keep the sprocket or a pulley from turning on the shaft. Like mentioned above, lightly tap it back into place so that the semicircular part is down in the slot, and the flat part is parallel with the shaft's centerline. If things aren't quite lined up right, you will push it backwards and up out of place when you push the sprocket/pulley on. The flat part is supposed to stick up and slide in a slot cut in the center hole of the sprocket/pulley