Hennessey 550 Viper

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Hennessey did the modifications I would pass on the car. I've seen and heard about his poor workmanship and disreputable business practices.

Reaction score
Geoff,the 550 is quite an automobile. I myself have a Venom 650R, and have been very pleased with the modifications. As with all used cars, have the unit thoroughly checked out mechanically before you make such an investment. As for Mr.Lublins comment,you might have noticed that he has a personal ax to grind with John Hennessey, and is waging a relentless bad mouthing campaign against HMS. Too bad. I guess we just have to keep listening to him complain unless the moderators shut him down.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get it. Are you asking if blue book for the mods is $8k ? I need to find your Blue Book 'cause my '94 is priced a $38.5K <FONT size="5">No thanks I'll keep it.</FONT s>
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim, my AX to grind with John Hennessey will most probably end up in a court of law. I am simply informing this person as I will anyone out there about Hennessey's reputation, not only through my experiences but through countless emails that I have received about similar experiences. I'm glad your car is up to par. I'm sure at times John does provide a decent service.

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FREEDOM OF SPEECH
You must be registered for see images
Seems to me he might really be trying to help us out. I have never had dealings with John, but he is entitled to his opinion. That's why its called AMERICA
All I have to say is if you put yourself in his shoes, I don't think you would want to sit quietly by if some unjustifiable action happened to you? I am not taking sides but its not considered whining. That's what this discussion board is all about. To help each other out when your Viper breaks down, you want to upgrade, or just talk to all your friends about our favorite discussion" The all mighty Viper". I would never degrade someone for this. Don't exhibit so much animosity to someone that may be displaying some misdirected anger, or perhaps the truth.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with Wayne. Lets tell it like it is. We learn a lot from these posts about tuners and their performance parts and how they deal with customers. I tend to give my business to those that have had no negative posts in the archives. As an example, we learned a lot about David Wilks (who now is in jail) and how he treated his customers.

In the old days, we didn't have this media for communications between end users and had to take our chances with the tuners. This has now become a very powerful tool for the consumer.

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Wayne and Jerry. Not only is this good for the consumer - it can also be of benefit to the tuner - whether in the form of a pat on the back or a wake-up call.

Reaction score
FLAME GUARDS UP! Marc,and fellow Board members:

Yes, God Bless America and Free Speech. My point here is that Marc has chosen to speak to the Viper community on this issue by repeating his personal innuendo, forsaking the Viper Boards Policy to "STATE THE FACTS". If Marc's grievance with John Hennessey is taken to court,(where incidentally I agree it belongs), the truth shall be sought out, and a judgment made. If Marc wins, then I feel he has a right to proclaim that he has been "SCAMMED BY A MAJOR TUNER'. As it stands now, Marc will not publicly share his reasons for such a damning statement. Yes, you can e-mail him, (I did ,months ago) and he will give you all the unsavory details, telling you how many people support his views etc., but bare in mind, neither of them have had their day in court as Marc states there might be. For Marc to keep accusing JPH/HMS on the Viper Board, with out stating the facts, and hiding behind the cloak of e-mail, is just plain wrong in my view. This board should not be used as a platform to launch prejudicial judgment. If you have FACTS concerning a matter, we should be glad to consider them. Apparently Marc'c experience with HMS has been less than great, where as, my experience has been quite good. Such is generally the world of business. I have shared my experiences about HMS on the board quit openly in the past. Some experiences I have chosen to keep to myself, but have never chosen to dangle taunts before my readers. this is a practice that I feel is wrong. Marc, you have been at this for quite some time now, proclaiming that you have been "scammed by a major tuner". I think the Viper Board is entitled to read your facts supporting your accusation, then let the system work. This is the American way. Thanks to you all for hearing me out on this issue.

"May God grant us the wisdom to discover the right,the will to choose it, and the strength to make it endure."

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In reply to Jim:
This is just the way I choose to reach people. I would not want it to be misconstrued as slander, which it is not. I post the message periodically because the people who surf this sight as well as the Viper community is ever changing and growing. This is evident by the great number of inquiries which I still receive. Most are very happy for the information. I believe it helps people to make a more educated decision about who they want to trust their "baby" and dollars to. Everyone is free to hear my story and make their own decisions. I only wish I had heard of similar situations prior to my experience. It would probably have changed things for me. Instead I hear so many bad experiences, now after it is too late. This site is great for getting real information. We all know that a good advertiser can make himself look great, but without true life experiences how do we know who is really good? I would hope that through sharing experiences and knowledge we can go into things a little less blind. I'm sorry you have a problem with how I get my message across but again, this is just the way I choose to do it!

Reaction score
Well, to get back to the main topic of discussion, I purchased a used 1995 Emerald Green Venom 550 this summer with 3214 miles on it (in perfect condition). It also had simson 5-point harnesses, speedline rims, alum. upgrades radiator, hard top, bra, cover, and I also recieved all the history of the car (original purchase details, sticker, all receipts) and also the original parts including the stock rims. I paid $50,000 and have had no problems with it. The upgrade sure gets more attention than the stock viper.

Hope this helps,

John

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc - You made your point quite a while ago. Your incessant behavior is annoying, misleading, inappropriate and fails to enhance your credibility. Having an axe to grind is vastly different from offering guidance. You have an axe to grind, grind it in the proper forum.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude