Hennessey Motorsports

Mamba man steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hull, Ma. summer /Delray Beach Fl. winter
If I have work done I will only take to someone who is within an hour or two of me, and I have expressed a desire to see work being proformed. Most shops will allow you to go through thier shops as long as you leave employees alone. You can get a good semse if you see the general quality of work being proformed. I ask when will work start on my "X" and confirm that day and show up!!!!! I have never been thrown out and usually they allow me to talk to who ever is working on my "X". If I can't see the shop and work being proformed, I don't use. Buying rebuilt parts from shops not near you is always tough, the shop owner might not watch every job and the tec. might have had fight with wife and you are getting the anger.

MOST IMPORTANT POINT IS THAT EVERYONE USES A VIPER TEC. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A NAME USED. I MAKE IT A POINT TO GET TO SEE THE PERSON WORKING ON MY CARS. IF I INTEND TO DO BUSINESS WITH THE DEALER FOR A LOT OF WORK OR QUESTIONABLE WORK I INTRODUCE MY SELF TO TEC. AND THANK HIM FOR TAKING CARE OF MY BABY ALONG WITH A SHAKE OF HAND WITH $$$$20.00 IN IT. "IF HIS HAND IS DIRTY EVEN BETTER."

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW Tony, KS's message grabbed me exactly the same way. Second hand information does not belong here, period. Delete it please!

In fact I can't help but notice that virtually every post from KS
is like this. Up until now I had at least assumed that KS had a Viper. Ok, I understand the logic of allowing the kids to post, someday they will grow up, mature, and buy a Viper.

But I can't understand why KS is allowed to post here. It is not helping the community and it is taking up a lot of your time. That aside though, many of KS's posts would be considered slander. Sooner or later you WILL have to exclude someone. Perhaps it is time to start... Should we take a vote?

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that the calls for censoring posts that are not obscene and relatively germane to the topic is a bit over-the-top. As a long-time reader/poster of the old/new board, I have noticed a slant among some of the senior members/moderators of the board, i.e., anti-street racing, pro-driving school, pro-polishing car until you can see your neighbor's reflection, pro-spending unseemly amounts to have others work on your cars and sell you parts at prices 2x to 3x the cost of comparable items for other makes/models, and of course, pro-sponsors of the board. Granted, this is a broad generalization, but an accurate one, I think. I also don't really have a problem with these sort of rah-rah home team posts/opinions because I think most intelligent readers can take them for what they are worth and consider their sources. I know that I can look at various viewpoints and form my own opinion, and I think that other owners will as well. That said, I am not in favor of removing posts/locking out posters just because they present viewpoints that aren't from first person experience or contain anti-sponsor sentiments, especially when such posts are not presented in an offensive or obnoxious way. Not trying to slam the moderators (who have made a nice board) or other posters, just trying to present an opposing viewpoint.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The moderators have a sincere philosophy about tuner related posts.....if it is substantiated...we let it ride....no 3rd person....no mysteries....just clear facts. If the tuner then solves the problem, we only hope that the original complaint posted will be followed by another post on those facts as well.

There will be NO 3rd Party tuner complaints left on this board.

..and by the way, the moderators most definitely do NOT favor the sponsors, it just seems that most of the sponsors tend to be honorable in their intentions, which leaves very little negativity to delete.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KID97GTS,

Couldn't have said it better myself. The generalizations that you speak of are 100% true. Items such as pro-driving school, pro-polishing your car, pro-spending mucho dinero on aftermarket parts, pro-having others do your work for you, etc., are the same things that I see constantly. Really pathetic...God forbid one person points this out and all hell breaks loose or your message gets deleted...

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes it's hard to please everyone.(customers) The posting of second hand trash talk is always going to happen. It's all about the he said she said b/s. Sometimes these third parties don't know all the facts although they say they do. Usually their source is not the person that has been wronged, it's someone else that heard of it from his cousin's sister's roomate's hair stylist. More often than not, these problems can be resolved with proper communication. I think if you are going to talk crap about someone, let us know who you are. Post your name so the person that did the damage can have a chance to respond. Recently there was an attempted post that was very slanderous towards myself and my company. If it were not for Tony Rickard and the administrators, that post may have made it to the board. With over 100 customers, it's hard to say who I could have possibly made that mad. NO ONE makes everyone happy.
State the facts that happend to YOU, not what you overheard while at the car polishing clinic. I support free speach in this forum when the facts are facts. There are, in fact times when some should not be posted. Is it time to start the smack on Adelberg yet? Thanks "MAD"!!! dj

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really enjoy polishing my snake. (careful now!) I'm tired of being slammed for it. Not every owner/member is a racer/tuner. I read - I learn. I am going to the Panoz school at Sebring. Each of us owns this awesome work of art for their own reasons. Leave us Zaino-freaks be!!
You must be registered for see images

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve...putting $20 in a tech's hand won't guarantee much. For one, most tech's know Viper owners have some $$$. Hell, $20 won't even buy you a pizza and a 2 liter bottle of soda these days. The thought is nice though...

Reaction score
With all due respect for Kid97GTS,I take exception to what was stated.Third party information is never germane to the topic because it is hearsay.Only the facts are important.The third party posts are offensive by their very nature no matter how they are composed because they are not reported by the primary person involved.These types of posts only propagate more misinformation.

OP
OP
M

Mamba man steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It amazes me how one topic goes around the world two or three times and winds up an open discussion. As far as I am concerned there should be no bashing. We should have a form like the auctions have on the net, a rating system monitored by the BOARD. This system would show approval numbers against disapproval numbers. The only dispute to be shown is if a court has so deemed a winner, and then it is questionable. Unless there are considerable number of complaints. WE TAKE MONEY FROM THESE SHOPS WE DO OWE THEM A BIT OF RESPECT. "john" i'll take the WING
!!!!!!

"Frank" I don't know any tech. making $50. hr. for himself and because of people who feel your way it works all the time. The shop that does my race work, they fight over who will do it. my car dealer tech's also like to have me come in and tell them my car is in. IF YOU ARE A BIG SPORT MAKE IT $50. but $20. works for oil change or pulling my rear end apart.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Folks, get a grip. First of all, posting someone else's email is EXTREMELY poor Netiquette. If they wanted it in the public forum they would have posted it themselves, no? Basic stuff - write about what you know, not what you heard. Tony was absolutely correct in deleting it.

For all the griping that's gone on about tuners in the past, I am amazed this section is not busier. Posting first hand experiences is what this is all about. But still it only seems to be used for the "hey, email me and I'll tall you what happened" crowd. If it happened and its true POST IT. Skip the emotion and load up on facts. And PLEASE don't say you are afraid of slander - its real hard to sue without being able to show in real $$$ how much money was lost because of any published UNTRUE statements.....

Sorry - had to vent. For as many folks that wanted this section, the silence is deafening.

Reaction score
IF YOU ARE A BIG SPORT MAKE IT $50. but $20. works for oil change or pulling my rear end apart.

[/B][/QUOTE]Steve --

Are you saying 'you pay' or 'they pay' $20 bucks to pull your rear end apart?
I would suggest you pay the Viper Tech $50 bucks and be sure he's the one that did the job. It would be rather painful to pay $20 bucks and find out the job was passed to an unqualified mechanic that screwed up your rear.

On another note:
I much rather prefer to see issues between Tuners and Customers resolved in a different matter. If there is any dispute between the two parties, let us know after the results, not during. I'd much rather hear what HMS did to remedy the problem rather than what transpired -- There are just too many circumstances (and two sides to every issue) to explain before the end result. I don't want to side with anybody here, but I hope the end result is a happy medium. We have many customers pass though our shop with HMS products/labor and they are always good quality. I would hate to know there is any unfavorable results from HMS.

Happy Holidays,
Doug

OP
OP
M

Mamba man steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee Doug I thought you were smart, but I did not think I had to spell o u t " t i p" only an imbacile would think a that someone would expect to get anything done for $20. If need a new cpu or blower I promise not to offer you anything extra. You might have a fit figuring out what it was for. The one thing good about you being on a 170th st., your not far from some good restraunts.

OP
OP
M

Mamba man steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm getting it today "FRANK" at a SHOP rate of $100.00 an hour the tec. makes only around 50% or there abouts that would be $50.00 hr. on factory flat rate times, and a good tech. might shave 15% OFF AND MORE ON SOME JOBS. Many jobs there is not a lot of play room. I would bet you can't count on both hands the number of tech's making $100,000. plus a year. We have plenty of dealers that monitor the boards let's hear from them. I hope you are right but I'm not holding my breath.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

For one Doug needs your money like he needs another you know what. I am 100% sure he is backed up well in advance considering his prices and craftsmanship.

Secondly, many of my friends are techs. Working for a dealer *****. You are better off working for yourslef or working at a repair shop such as Firestone, NTW, etc. I have a friend who makes about $70,000 a year working for Avellino's (like Firestone) he works off of straight time plus a nice % comission. I also have a friend who works for a dealer and makes about $35,000 a year...and is on the low end!

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

You don't know of any tech that make $50 and hour for themselves? I know plenty of them that make that and then some. By any chance do you live in Mexico or Baja - I know labor rates down there are pretty low...

Reaction score
Steve,
You left yourself open on that one! I certainly hope you don't think I meant any harm. I do try to post my opinions on a professional level but sometimes I can't resist a good laugh. NO smoking, NO drinking and NO drugs -- just a good laugh once in a while. Don't forget to let me know when your out this way.

Sincerely,
Doug

Reaction score
Hay Roy, Try looking at your own track record on getting back to someone. You invited us to talk with you about John Hennessey. I emailed you a two page letter about my experience with Hennessey Motorsports. That was DECEMBER 19th. Guess my experience was to positive. I have yet to hear back from you!! (JD)

Reaction score
I will throw my 2 cents in here if anyone cares. I have dealt with several tuners, not knowing much about these cars at first I thought everything was ok. I have had problems with my car but its finally getting fixed. I have heard so many horror stories about HMS, I know now that most of them are BS.I'm not a spokesman for John, but I do have to say that there work is great, they have the best air box around if your just getting started with mods, to there engine packages that I know make more power than the other tuners on a N/A motor. He even comes out to hang out with all the locals late Saturday nights. Of course every situation is different, if you act like a **** you will be treated like one.

Reaction score
You know Big Jim, God must be smiling down on my Viper. During the past three years of doing business with HMS, I have had little or no trouble with John Hennessey or his products. HMS has provided me excellent service. Why should I be the exception? I can't understand why some other people say they have had such a negative experience with HMS. I am in no way trying to be Hennessey's spokesman. I just think the guy deserves some credit for what he has done for the Viper and it's community. (JD)