Hey, I found my next mod...

OP
OP
C

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post was straight sarcasm I would never consider doing this, But the sounds of screeching cars and squeels of "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!" on a sunny day is very amusing.

~Matt~

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would guess it is paint, but I really don't know for sure. I have seen some custom paint on bikes that I could not believe was not actually polished medal.

Anyway, I once saw a high polished aluminum Shelby cobra. Pretty cool. The salesman said it was just for display purposes because a car would not stay like that without continually polishing it. I will post a pick if I still have it.

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway, I once saw a high polished aluminum Shelby cobra. Pretty cool. The salesman said it was just for display purposes because a car would not stay like that without continually polishing it. I will post a pick if I still have it.

It would if you put clearcoat over the bare metal.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great concept -- painting a plastic car to look like it is made of metal. That would really keep them guessing!!

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see it now.....there you are driving down the highway on a bright sunny day :cool: , the windows down, fresh air blowing through your hair....blinding every driver on the highway. :eek: :eek: :eek:

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It would if you put clearcoat over the bare metal.

I asked them that and I honestly don't remember why they said it would not work. (I don't know if it would change the color or not adhere properly) I also asked if waxing it would work, but they didn't think so. (Ok, so I'm a bundle on knowledge on this one!)

Anyway, I'll post the pick tonight. It is really cool in person!!

Mike

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the Shelby Cobra version. Pics don't do it justice!!! When you see it in person, it looks like a mirror. Very cool!!

6177DSC00148.JPG

6177DSC00147.JPG

6177DSC00145.JPG

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too flashy for me. What happens when the sun hits it -- Could blind you from miles away ;)

-Lou