Hey PENSACOLA VIPERS.....I am back with another VIPER.......

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I had the 33 Boyd Coddington Alloway Speedstar for 4 months now and after winning 1st place in every car show I put it in in the StreetRod class I go bored with it.......It is an AWESOME high dollar, top of the line HotRod but my heart still belongs to Vipers.....
This is my 10th Viper now since 1998, but I have owned this one before., soooooooooo some might argue that it is only my 9th still.......ha.....
I bought back the 1000 h.p. HEFFNER TWIN TURBO VIPER that I owned over 2 yrs ago. The last owner spent right at another $10,000 in upgrades on it after he got it from me so it is a new improved version now, ha..It is the one that used to belong to Casey several years ago.......

I plan to drive it for a year or less and then sell it and get a different toy.....I just don't fall in love with these toys and when another comes along I like and someone wants a really nice Twin Turbo Viper we can talk....All my Vipers have been Coupes and I kinda want a convertible next time......My wife and I are looking forward to this years annual "Tail of the Dragon" with the Tenn/Ala club... Well my Viper friends in Pensacola.....I am back for some more summer cruzin with everyone in a Viper........Have a good winter......hey it was only 74 degrees with sun shining yesterday and in the 70s all this week.........we are having a really cold......haa, winter huh? let me know who is still around in our Viper community...........see ya..........

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How'd they put another $10k in upgrades?
Yes, we'll be looking forward to seeing y'all at "The Dragon event" too :drive:

Hey Chip.......it is easier for me to explain the upgrades by you going to racingjunk.com and seeing the ad there....Of course look under Viper........looking forward to our annual Tennessee trip in Gatlinburg.........We love Tennessee...........beautiful state......

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see you back. I'm actually moving away in a couple weeks along with my viper. Let me know when the tail of the dragon trip is, I will try and make it.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see you back. I'm actually moving away in a couple weeks along with my viper. Let me know when the tail of the dragon trip is, I will try and make it.

It's usually the Friday after Memorial Day, if that helps with planning. Not sure this year, but it's probably already in the planning stages. 50+ cars this year (again :D)

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are out of control Roy. Congrats on gettting that car back!!!! :2tu:

Thanks Mike.......my son in law will be racing his new OUTLAW HEADS UP car he has been building for the last three years...there is a big money race there in Valdosta in feb. and we will be there with him making his debut with it....can't wait...it will run in the 4s, in the 1/8th mile...it is killer, bad to the bone......the last one he built ran 5.12 In 1/8th mi.....that was a S-10 truck.....the one he built now is a Pontiac Firebird , weighs 1600 lbs...2000 plus h.p........can't wait

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X2 (99 R/T10).
Roy, Really?! I’m happy for you.
Can’t wait to cruise with you and the new and improved pavement eater.
jim

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mike.......my son in law will be racing his new OUTLAW HEADS UP car he has been building for the last three years...there is a big money race there in Valdosta in feb. and we will be there with him making his debut with it....can't wait...it will run in the 4s, in the 1/8th mile...it is killer, bad to the bone......the last one he built ran 5.12 In 1/8th mi.....that was a S-10 truck.....the one he built now is a Pontiac Firebird , weighs 1600 lbs...2000 plus h.p........can't wait

What are the dates of the race? I may have to show up to watch!!!

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I got my HEFFNER TWIN TURBO VIPER 1000 h.p. back that I sold over two years ago. The last TWIN TURBO I had was from A.R.T...IT was 1200 h.p.... This one is a little slower, not as much rwtq but still insane to drive.... It also has the GT2 wing and rims.

OTE=jav8or;3146188]Guess I'm late to the discussion, but you sold and reclaimed your Viper?[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am excited about this one......my current Viper just got voted Car of the month on DRAGTIMES.com.....we need more Viper owners to compete for this.......too many vettes trying and not enough Vipers.....put your cars on there.....

TE=Roysviper;3146597]It is another 98 GTS.....and it is another Silver Bullet, ha :2tu:[/QUOTE]

jav8or

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.....And i have to see this car before you sell it! I still talk about the ride you gave me in your other Twin Turbo Viper!:omg:

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hee Hee Hee.....this one needs to go into your garage, ha
:rolleyes::headbang::2tu::D:omg:

TE=jav8or;3149612].....And i have to see this car before you sell it! I still talk about the ride you gave me in your other Twin Turbo Viper!:omg:[/QUOTE] :

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The races called LIGHTS OUT 4 UNFINISHED BUSINESS......big purse....the baddest of the bad.... 23-24 Feb...
My son in laws debut in his new car that he has been building for 3 yrs now....it's bad.... In the 4s.....1/8 th mi....we WILL be there.....come on out.....

TE=99 R/T 10;3143726]What are the dates of the race? I may have to show up to watch!!![/QUOTE]

2JZViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roy,

Just tried PM'ing you but your box is full. Just purchased a low mileage 01' Sapphire Blue GTS 2 weeks ago. Flight instructor at NAS Pensacola. It would be nice to meet a few of local owners. I've seen a black mamba and a yellow 2nd and 3rd gen along with a final edition downtown Pcola. Hopefully will run into you gents sometime.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roy,

Just tried PM'ing you but your box is full. Just purchased a low mileage 01' Sapphire Blue GTS 2 weeks ago. Flight instructor at NAS Pensacola. It would be nice to meet a few of local owners. I've seen a black mamba and a yellow 2nd and 3rd gen along with a final edition downtown Pcola. Hopefully will run into you gents sometime.

If you guys have a get together PM me. I will drive down from Ft. Rucker, AL. Also a Flight iInstructor.................................. :D

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Roy, on my way through Crestview again in a couple weeks. No viper this time, but will have Viper parts in a moving truck lol.

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's Great....another Viper in our area.....send a PM......I am going to cruise to Spanish Fort this Sat to look at the cars in the Corvette hosted car show, then from there to Orange Beach to look at some cars at another car show and then back to Milton if you wanna cruz.......let me know.....and any body else with a HotRod that wants to come along also, ha.......

Roy,

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanna cruz to Spanish Fort this Sat and then to Orange Beach and back??????

UOTE=jav8or;3149612].....And i have to see this car before you sell it! I still talk about the ride you gave me in your other Twin Turbo Viper!:omg:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

2JZViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to tag along. I'll be flying a paid Navy cross country to Key West this weekend for possibly our last good time (Sequestration) under the guise of "student events" to enjoy some Sloppy Joes and A&B Lobster House. I gladly shoulder this burden for America. I'm game any weekend anyone wants to get together. I'll definitely be around the following weekend. 850-375-0399

- Frank

That's Great....another Viper in our area.....my e-mail address is [email protected]......I am going to cruise to Spanish Fort this Sat to look at the cars in the Corvette hosted car show, then from there to Orange Beach to look at some cars at another car show and then back to Milton if you wanna cruz.......let me know.....and any body else with a HotRod that wants to come along also, ha.......

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well we went to the car show too look at all the pretty cars......we ended up having 3 Vipers, 1 Porsche, Shelby GT500 , and a GMC Cyclone....there were probly 250 or so cars there, half of which were of the vette stuff......2 ZR1s , nothing impressive except for a nice 58 Vette and a 67 RESTRO MOD.....there was a beautiful 37 Ford and 55 chevy convertible.......It was freezing cold with wind on top of that...burr......but there was a man there from Michigan soooo he probly thought it was a beautiful summerlike day, ha........this should be our last cold spell here in FL, and the weather will start getting 70s and go up from there... Common guys lets get ready to do some cruzin together this year........let me know whos in and whos not.......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456