Hi flow cats in Colorado

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been wanting to install hi flow cats, but am concerned that the car wouldn't pass the emissions tests. Can someone in Colorado chime in? I would remove the cats altogether, but I am sure it wouldn't pass emissions then. Thoughts?

Oh and just curious...I became a VCA member the other day and was wondering what the timeframe is to have that reflected on the website (mainly so I can get access to members only sections). Thanks.

Affatica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about the high flow cats. I called up Roe Racing and asked them to make some straight pipes for my car to replace the cats. They were able to fab some straight pipes with clamps to be able to slide on my exhaust system. So I cut out the oem cats and had some clamps welded on the header side of both cats. This way, I can easily exchange the straight pipes with the cats, when it comes time for emmissions.

Affatica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and just curious...I became a VCA member the other day and was wondering what the timeframe is to have that reflected on the website (mainly so I can get access to members only sections). Thanks.

You need to add your VIN and your member number to your profile. Everything is done manually, so send a PM to Lee00blacksilverGTS or Y2K5SRT and let them know you joined and ask if they can update your profile. They will verify everything and then take care of it for you. They are usually pretty quick about it as well.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to add your VIN and your member number to your profile. Everything is done manually, so send a PM to Lee00blacksilverGTS or Y2K5SRT and let them know you joined and ask if they can update your profile. They will verify everything and then take care of it for you. They are usually pretty quick about it as well.

I can do this as well. :)

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no emissions here in ft collins but some of them pass with out any cats.... its the visual that can get ya... just gut them or put the shell around the straight pipe depending on what year car it is

OP
OP
C

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good info, thanks guys. I am thinking about putting on Random Tech hi flow cats as my first noob-mod.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the RT hi-flow cats and Corsa exhaust. One of the best combo's out there that I've heard. You won't regret 'em.

OP
OP
C

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any drawback to keeping the stock exhaust with hi flow cats? Does it cancel out the benefit if you dont go with a different exhaust...or is it just sound preference?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed 'em at the same time, so I can't help there. I would *think* that keeping the stock exhaust would be fine. You'll probably realize some power gain with the lower restriction, but not get all the sound of a good, aggressive exhaust. Not sure how much the note would change.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte