1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Cats on 2000 ACR

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by WHY U TRY, Oct 13, 2020.

1. WHY U TRY

WHY U TRY Enthusiast

Hi everyone.

I wanted to post a new thread about this because everything I was reading was from over a decade ago. I will be removing the cats on my 2000 ACR on the 20th and wanted to know if there is any updated information on where to get what I need to make sure the CEL doesn't kick on? I know a lot of people have done this so it has to be easy. We have no emission worries in OH and the car already has the mufflers removed. Once i get this done I assume I will get it tuned so the fuel map matches the open exhaust. I've read old threads about a Vtec-1 but nothing recently.

Roe Racing stopped selling the sensor bypasses about 5 years ago according to them.

Thank you everyone!

2. GTSnake

GTSnake Enthusiast

I don't have CATS and no CEL. I'm not sure if 2000 is any different but I didn't do anything special.

No CATS and no mufflers? Damm you must have good ear plugs.

3. WHY U TRY

WHY U TRY Enthusiast

Seems to be what most people say regarding cats and CEL. Just hope I’m not the exception. What year is your car?

And I just don’t understand why a Viper would be anything other than loud and aggressive sounding. The entire car makes that presentation in every other way, why not in its volume as well :)

4. GTSnake

GTSnake Enthusiast

My car is a '97. It's in my signature.

Loud is nice but with no cats & mufflers to me it would be unbearable after 5 minutes. I don't have either but the turbos and my cross over cut out a lot of the drone so it's not obnoxious.