High Idle and High Pitched Noise Coming from Engine Bay

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I demodded my car. The intake manifold came off as well as the full exhaust, intake and radiator.

Yesterday I took it for a test drive after removing the factory cats and resetting the ECU and battery.

It runs great except for a high pitched sound every so often from the engine bay and an intermittent high idle.

I think the high pitched sound is coming from the coolant system not being burped because it sounds like a sucking or high pressure thing, but that is just a guess. Any way to burp the system of air or other suggestions on what the noise is?

As far as the high idle, the car idles fine while in neutral and stationary, but when I started driving it and in between gears the car seemed to want to stay at 1500 or a little higher until I went into the next gear. It calms down every so often while driving and when parked it idles perfect. Could this be that the ECU is still learning? I only drove it for 5 minutes. Or is this an intake leak or some adjustment on the throttle bodies that needs to happen?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup, vacuum leak..Take a can of carb and choke cleaner and spray around the seals, when the idle changes thats where your leak is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi