Highest mileage on a Viper?

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody else seen or heard of more miles?

Yep! A good friend of mine and fellow club member who lives in Louisiana has two Vipers (her only vehicles). One is a 2000 GTS with over 80,000 miles and the other is a 2004 SRT-10 with close to 30,000 miles. Both look practically brand new. She's known to many on this message board.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet "Two Viper Chuck" has got over 100,000 on his RT now, but Joe117's car has 105K+ miles. Maybe they both will chime in, but it goes to show how reliable our cars really are. :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am close... I have 67k on mine right now. But I am the first owner, and just about everything on the car has been replaced at one time or another.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got 107k on my 94.

I thought I was the high miles king but I found out that there is at least one with more than mine.
Can't remember who, was it a guy from Alaska?

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about over 65k with the original clutch? Been on the drag strip and road course and autocrossed. Raced many times, uhhhhh on those local closed circuits too. Not bad, eh?? John

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am close... I have 67k on mine right now. But I am the first owner, and just about everything on the car has been replaced at one time or another.

Are the Vipers not made to last very long? Could you explain?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about over 65k with the original clutch? Been on the drag strip and road course and autocrossed. Raced many times, uhhhhh on those local closed circuits too. Not bad, eh?? John

Got it beat, easily.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are the Vipers not made to last very long? Could you explain?

I have replaced everything because this car is made to race. It makes 650RWHP on just motor and has the NX 300 shot. The motor is a stroker with everything replaced and it continues all through the drivetrain. It is NOT that these cars are not made to last. It is just that I have lightened where I could, and strenghtened everywhere possible.

Regards,

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the Mods can also resurrect the old surveys - there was one that showed model year vs. odometer. I recall it ended up essentially 85% of Vipers had less than 15,000 miles.

Reaction score
I'm new here and had not seen this post, so I had started a new one ... I may have the highest mileage out there at the moment.

I bought mine new, and use it every day. It's a 1996 RT/10 (White, Blue stripes). I currently have 170,000 miles on it and expecting 200k by the end of the year. 99% street driving, with a few Viper days, etc.

I just recently had DC Performance install Supercharger, and a full going over / replacing misc parts. I'm expecting another 100k plus at this point. Thanks Dan ... haha :cool:

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm new here and had not seen this post, so I had started a new one ... I may have the highest mileage out there at the moment.

I bought mine new, and use it every day. It's a 1996 RT/10 (White, Blue stripes). I currently have 170,000 miles on it and expecting 200k by the end of the year. 99% street driving, with a few Viper days, etc.

I just recently had DC Performance install Supercharger, and a full going over / replacing misc parts. I'm expecting another 100k plus at this point. Thanks Dan ... haha :cool:

I just have one question, who makes the wing on your car?

Reaction score
I think it was an old Autoform. I know they made my original hardtop. My new hardtop comes in 3 pieces / w hood scoop and fits in the trunk (I think the vendor is Trunktop ... can find them in Viper Magazine)

The Wing is adjustable and I've had it for well over 100k miles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte