Highest mileage

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering who has the highes mileage on his/her Viper.

My ACR 00' has only 4000mi. Poor beast was in a garage during 3 years.
But now working hard ....

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a number of old threads on this. Joe has the most of a member on this site, with 105k or so, IIRC, but there are others with 100k+ I'll be there in just over two years at the rate I'm going (~60k now).

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Manny, How many of those miles were after the car was modded to 850HP? You can't have 41,000 mi on a 850HP beast, do you?

PS, You guys that have these mega HP cars must also wear modded pants to contain those big kahona's that it takes to drive one of those monsters on the street.

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just turned 50K on my mostly stock 98 GTS. Coming back from my next third world country "visit", I'd like to install a Roe S/C. Anyone have any thoughts on forced induction on a car with 50K+ miles????

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad to see that there are "drivers" out there. I thought I had alot of miles on my 94 with 39K.I bought it last year with 32K. The resale price may go down with miles on it but it is paying for itself with my enjoyment of driving the car.

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, how about a contest of who has the highest mileage with a car over 850 RWHP. I will start. Mine has 41K. :D

That's a GREAT question. :usa: I've always wondered how many miles you can get out of a s/c or built engine. How many mile have people put on AFTER a s/c or built engine?

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
another question is would you put a blower on a high mileage car, and if not, why?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The resale price may go down with miles on it

At some point I don't think the miles will matter as long as the car is well kept. I know a guy with an late 50s Vette that has 500,000 miles on it. Even the paint is original and doesn't look as bad as you might think for being nearly 50 years old. I don't think the mileage even matters with that car. I know the price of mine isn't going down with any mileage increase.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
another question is would you put a blower on a high mileage car, and if not, why?

Sorry, I should have clarified -- I bought my car with almost 40K miles on it and then supercharged it. I have put about 1,000 miles on it in the past month or so -- not as many as I would have liked, but I had exhaust issues ;-)

Manny

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Chuck, At some point it won't matter...and Its worth more to me than anyone might pay. Why get sucked into the low mileage BS? Its your car and it runs better the more you drive it...My 92 has 53k on it.
Oh I forgot, low mileage garage queenie(s) rule, and old cars with miles on 'em aint worth nuthin'
Show me a GT2 with 120k and I'll pick up you bar tab anytime.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has 107k.
If I keep driving it as little as I do, soon I'll have lots of company in the 100k+ club.

S

SUN RA KAT

I'm about ready to turn 13,000 miles. My Viper gets better gas mileage than my daily driver Ram truck (also highly modded) and with the high price of gasoline, I'll be driving my Viper more just to save money.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's good to see that some cars are above 100k miles.
I will join that exclusive club withing a couple of years ... I still has 95000 miles to go :(

Before I bought the Viper I had a serious option on a Ferrari 348tb. Finally I decided to buy to Viper because I wanted to drive a car which can run thousand of miles without trouble. I think in the case of Viper the depreciation is a secondary point.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just turned 50K on my mostly stock 98 GTS. Coming back from my next third world country "visit", I'd like to install a Roe S/C. Anyone have any thoughts on forced induction on a car with 50K+ miles????
No more Third World countries for me. Third World does not mean 3rd place... God Bless the USA ! :usa:

tmcalist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
60K on my 97 RT/10. Even thought it is rare and folks tell me to keep it in the garage, I just think that would be cruel. Some beasts need to be released.

gstg_96_rt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<-- Just past 217,000 miles and going strong. Not quite 850hp, but 600 hp rw (supercharged & methanol)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960