Holy crap! ACR-X (deserves a new thread)

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALMS might not be around much longer. I'd rather watch a 70-car field of ACR-Xs anyway.

Chuck, I agree. WC has become a joke. The cars are now so weighted down to let 5 cylinder Volvo's keep up its not funny. I am reading about how fast the "X" is...but remember-this guy is much faster than most club guys-has factory techs there, and is going out on "fresh" tires every time. If he did the same with an unrestricted Comp Coupe, I think you would fine the CC to be 3 seconds faster than the X. Case in point is the Lauguna times in the 1.30 range. This is slightly slower than where the WC Comp Coups run restricted with inlets restrictors and a few hundred pounds of "awards weight", or whatever its called these days. Unrestricted, CC's are fast. I have run my WC Comp Coupe (unrestricted) and my modded ACR (638 rwhp) on the same 3 mile track on the same day and the ACR was almost 8 seconds slower-and the X would probably slot inbetween those two cars. Driver and tires are everything. Now I need to go back to work and figure out how to buy a new "X" because I really "need" one...why didn't they build this when I bought my ACR a year ago!

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even cooler would be the ACR-X Cup with an ACR-X class and a CC class. No restrictors, no awards weights, no whiney manufacturers crying about how they can't keep up with the Viper. Just the two greatest Vipers having fun. That would be the perfect race series.

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW for 110.000.00 thats a great package. Maybe one day i'll have one. Anyone know the performance specs on the acr-x. Horse power, 0-60,1/4 mile... etc

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, I agree. WC has become a joke. The cars are now so weighted down to let 5 cylinder Volvo's keep up its not funny. I am reading about how fast the "X" is...but remember-this guy is much faster than most club guys-has factory techs there, and is going out on "fresh" tires every time. If he did the same with an unrestricted Comp Coupe, I think you would fine the CC to be 3 seconds faster than the X. Case in point is the Lauguna times in the 1.30 range. This is slightly slower than where the WC Comp Coups run restricted with inlets restrictors and a few hundred pounds of "awards weight", or whatever its called these days. Unrestricted, CC's are fast. I have run my WC Comp Coupe (unrestricted) and my modded ACR (638 rwhp) on the same 3 mile track on the same day and the ACR was almost 8 seconds slower-and the X would probably slot inbetween those two cars. Driver and tires are everything. Now I need to go back to work and figure out how to buy a new "X" because I really "need" one...why didn't they build this when I bought my ACR a year ago!

The Leguna Seca car that set the record was not an ACR X. It was an ACR.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Leguna Seca car that set the record was not an ACR X. It was an ACR.

Correct-I believe the ACR ran a 1.33.9,(Randy Pobst had previously ran a 1.35.xx in an ACR)but I heard an ACR X ran a 1.30.9. on several posts. Was this incorrect information? Or was that an assumption some made?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BobP> Disagreed only regarding Tires.

VPRGTS> Current Cost is $110K. After Tuesday when they close out the first Block of 25, price will go up just like the CC's did.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This ACRx will provide for interesting posts as enthusiasts try to street the ACRx. Of course Chuck will be around to set them straight. It would be nice to see the ACRx compete in the 24hr Le Mans and win. That would do wonders for Viper marketing.

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The schedule for the Dodge Viper Cup featuring the ACR-X is on ViperDays.com. The Series debut will be at VIR in July at the Viper Days new SUMMERFEST to be announced shortly. And just for Chuck, we will be at Pocono in September.

Don't forget the Viper Racing League will be running with the ACR-X. Come out and watch them all this year.

And you all got one thing very right. The ACR-X is fast and the Series will be fantastic.

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The schedule for the Dodge Viper Cup featuring the ACR-X is on ViperDays.com. The Series debut will be at VIR in July at the Viper Days new SUMMERFEST to be announced shortly. And just for Chuck, we will be at Pocono in September.

They need to label the schedule to specifically indicate Dodge Viper Cup races.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the pics and video that have been posted here is all I've been staring at the last 3 days.

SOOooo..would that be considered ACRX ****? hahaaa

my dream would be to have one (oh yeh), and a dedicated pit crew:)

second dream would be to own part of one...maybe like uhhh..instead of TIMESHARE it would be
XSHARE...5 people could pitch in and buy one and share it

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though this is a spec series, the purchase price of a car is just the beginning...you better have a big budget if you plan to compete. Look at the top teams in the VRL..and don't be naive.

I was there all weekend pondering the possibilities. Like the VRL, the Cup series will require a lot of hauling. Its nationwide. Running the car successfully will require that you be a driver of the caliber of Kuno Whittmer, unless they put some rules in place to keep out the pro's (current and retired). You need a toter and a crew to keep fresh and on the top of your game. You wil need to show up with 4 sets of tires for a weekend. The suspension will be have to be tweaked after every session by a highly skilled Tech. You are fighting for tenths of seconds. It's going to be a pretty high level of racing, not a series for weekend warriors like current ACR owners. It's a totally different ballgame. Like Ferrari Challenge or Carrera Cup, its going to be a battle of car dealer sponsored with possibly some tuner shops. Why everyone thinks it would be so great to watch on TV is beyond me. Personally, I think it would be a lot more interesting to run against C6R's, CSV's, Astons, etc,. Why would it be more interesting to watch Vipers race than Koni Mustangs or C6R Vettes? Just my 2c. Also, I agree and think Frank is right about the CC being a more developed race car.

I might buy one just for the fun of it, but then again, the more complex the setup the more likely I will have a car that turns one direction but not the other. LOL

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I think it would be a lot more interesting to run against C6R's, CSV's, Astons, etc,.
I've grown tired of teams who can't keep up with the Viper and lobby for rule changes. Instead of complaining to the racing organization for rule changes they should be complaining to the manufacturers for a better car. For that reason I no longer care to watch direct competition between manufacturers. Don't get me wrong, competing in the same race but in different classes is great, but competing directly against each other doesn't work these days.

Why would it be more interesting to watch Vipers race than Koni Mustangs or C6R Vettes?
Because we like Vipers?

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
second dream would be to own part of one...maybe like uhhh..instead of TIMESHARE it would be
XSHARE...5 people could pitch in and buy one and share it

They are two-race weekends. You get it one day and I get it the next?

Last edited:

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, did you see the night photo of it on my Facebook? The black car exploding into the wall on my facebook WAS the car in first place in front of Kuno during the one race.

I think the viperheadquarters website should be posting some of my Sebring racing shots and a video or 2 either today or sometime this week.

tfrancis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Dodge Viper Cup Schedule is :
July 9th - 11th VIR Raceway
August 14th & 15th Hallett Raceway
October 1st - 3rd Miller Motorsports Park also VOI 11 Will be a fun week.
October 22nd -24th Daytona International Speedway

There will be 2 races per weekend for a total of 10 events.

I also wanted to add a couple notes from the weekend at Sebring.

Kuno ran both days on the same set of Michelins.

Very little adjustments were made to the car from Thursday to Friday.

Most of the testing was gathering data and playing with the Brakes.

Tom Francis Viper Race HQ

tfrancis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry ! I omitted Pocono that date is September 11th & 12th.

Tom Francis

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
It was amazing to see the ACRX run. That guy drove the $h!t out of it. Tom Francis should jump in with the lap times but I thought in the 208's. THe only thing ahead of the ACRX was the Riley for the first couple of laps of the enduro. The Rily wecked or something and then the ACRX led the first 40 mins of the enduro by many, many seconds (as Chuck mentions). That car, in the right hands is wicked fast!!!!

Dave Moore

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, how well did the Michelins hold up? Did you run any laps on Hoosiers (I know, the tire size would be slightly narrower and taller for the Hoosier 19" radial)? Are the Michelins set for the series? (I personally would TRUST Hoosier to build a better slick...) Jim

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the pics and video that have been posted here is all I've been staring at the last 3 days.

SOOooo..would that be considered ACRX ****? hahaaa

Maybe...
IMG_16771.JPG

:omg::nono:

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been a big fan of both Hoosier and Michelin however Michelin never before built a slick that could fit under our Vipers. Now they have and from what I could tell this weekend the Michelins rose nicely to the occasion. Would be some fun competition between these two powerhouses. :)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black car exploding into the wall

Pictureman....please email me that picture....

tfrancis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Boxer

The Michelins held up great the car was running the same laps on Friday as Thursday.

Hoosiers were not tried on the car.

Dodge has not finalized the Tire for the ACR X yet but it should be soon.

Tom Francis
Viper Race HQ

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Privacy act would negate telling us whom has bought the cars, but it would be cool to hear about the numbers sold.

Kuno Wittmer is definitely a Canadian , though someone earlier in this post called him a Canard ----- too many Molsons from that guy, ha.

Chuck I wish you and Bob were not so enthusiastic, as a bunch of us are trying to figure out how to get some quick disposable income for one of these beasts!!!

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck I wish you and Bob were not so enthusiastic, as a bunch of us are trying to figure out how to get some quick disposable income for one of these beasts!!!

I'm trying the same. Frank Barba bailed on me after I was sure he would co-sign a loan. Now I'm back to square one.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chuck, I got a funny feeling with your driving I need my own calipers too