Holy Smokes, I just bought my Dream Viper!

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe it but I finally took the plunge and made the dream of viper ownership a reality. Bone stock 2002 Graphite GTS Coupe w/ cognac interior.(One of 15 made)

I'm having a blast getting a feel for this beast. I'm trying to resist the urge to mod until I get this thing dyno'd. I did however purchase K&N's and Smooth tubes in anticipation for the future. :)

My Detail consisted of the full Zaino treatment. I clayed the whole car, then ZFX'd and added 3 coats of Z-2. A few pics...

You must be registered for see images

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Really, really nice color combo, right after Saphire, that is! heh heh! Seriously, I love it, looks great.

OP
OP

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. I really do think the color combo is killer.

Now as far as shortening the shifter goes, any suggestions? I find that the throws are a bit too long for my liking. There also feels like there's some rubber bushings in the shifter as well? Is there a solid mount to help correct this? Thanks...

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rich Deter's shorter shifter shaft...I just installed an 01 shift knob and his 3" shaft in my 98. I really love it.

Rich's Shifter Parts Web Page

Shoot Rich an email. His part is 25 bucks shipped and works great. Btw, I need to post my install tutorial on this. I'll get off my butt and do it shortly.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you stationed overseas? Looks like friggin Iraq. :eek: What did you do to that beautiful Pacific Ocean, Palm Trees and ex-Purdue great, Drew Brees? :confused: What's going on over there? :shocked:

OP
OP

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's San Diego albeit not the best shot with the ocean in the background. Those pics were taken near the US Olympic Training Center here in SD where there's a ton of new construction in the works. I'll get some new pics which do this perty town some justice...

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best color ever!!! VERY, VERY fast and it's invisible to long range radar preparation. i.e. Red and yellow show up miles before the graphite metallic. By the time I'm in range my Valentine has given me full warning or I've blown by the unsuspecting officer who is looking for those red and yellow sports cars. :cool:

Not only is the color cool, it's stealthy!! And sometimes in a car that has this much power and speed, you don't always want attention...

But then that's just me, I don't have to compensate for anything else.... :)

Congrats on the snake - a beautiful car......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4