Hood Emblem Stolen @#$!@#$%@#$%@#$%

mjguflaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so mad I can barely speak. Some no good, low life, s.o.b. decided to pry the viper emblem off the front of my car. Fortunately the paint looks more or less intact. Reminds me of the scene in Pulp Fiction where Vincent talks about the guy keying his Malibu, "it woulda been worth him doing it, if I coulda just caught him doing it." So true. Anyway, anyone know how much this emblem is going to cost me to replace? Anyone had this happen to them and care to share the wisdom of your experience? Thanks.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the front hood emblems are not too expensive to replace.
i purchased 2 extra ones for my sidesills.
i think around $25 for one.

bummer it happened .. yes it would have been priceless to catch them doing it :mad:

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man..thats $ucks the big one...I hear you. I would love to catch the bum. A quick story Mike. When I had my Alfo Romeo Julietta in Greece. The biggst thing there was for the kids to steal the emblems off the Alfa.They would use them for belt buckles.I $HIT YOU NOT!So one day I parked mine in the street, came back and emblem was gone..I freaked out..Afew days goes by and I order the [******] thing..Guess how I ordered mine? I looked at some kids belt buckle and made him take it off and give it to me..I swear..The kid looked like he was going to pea in his pants. But going back to your car.Look at it this way. Thank god they didn't screw the paint up, then you would be freaking out...

Good luck dude..park it in a garrage...

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That really *****, but as previously mentioned, at least they didn't screw up you paint! And you're not in Jail for Busting in the Idiots Head!! :D
Emblems are cheap, look on Ebay.

OP
OP
M

mjguflaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Thing was it was parked in what should be the most secure parking garage in downtown Miami, the First Union Financial Center. Since 9/11 we have 24/7 security and noone gets in or out without giving up their drivers license info. Oh well, not safe anywhere these days I guess.

Can anyone give me the part # and approximate cost for this badge from DC? I know I could get it on ebay, but I'm not about to give some little p.o.s. like the kid who took mine the satisfaction of getting paid for it. Just promotes the vicious cycle. I will keep my eyes open, however, for anyone wearing it as a belt buckle....

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Boy could it have been worse. If they used a screwdriver you would be really PISSED! As long as you can cover it with the new emblem you are golden. Now if they had keyed it too...

What some @#$%^& kidds did to my GF's 3000gt is take off the emblems with a screw driver. Even when we replaced the emblems you could still see screwdriver marks around them. To make matter worse they decided to key the word HI in the fender. We did not see that little gem until a few days later. My point is, when it comes to vandalism it could have been much worse.

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, sorry to hear. This happened to my Covette. They took the entire gas cap off the rearend. Very annoying. I would have become violent had I caught him. :mad:

BACKNBLACK, I would have paid money to see that! :)

Hilarious,

Michael

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I remember, about $50.00. Check with Chuck Tator or Jon B.

I agree 100% on NOT buying it off EBAY!

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only good side about buying it off of ebay is you'll probably end up with the exact same one that came off of your car ;)

Sorry to hear about your loss Mike. It's very unfortunate that had to happen.

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I'm not a daily driver, the car is never parked where I can't see it (do a lot of "outdoor" dining). When in the garage it is covered and the alarm is set. Am I paranoid?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry to here that, blinkin thieves, I just brought a new one off ebay in the bag for $30, there's a range of colours sold by the same guy, he didn't have a grey badge :confused:

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have the emblem.......

Before you install it, file it like a knife edge.
Then SHARPEN the edges just like a knife.

Then install it, and troll for sticky-fingers........

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have the emblem.......

Before you install it, file it like a knife edge.
Then SHARPEN the edges just like a knife.

Then install it, and troll for sticky-fingers........

[******]! That's a good idea for the stock emblems on all the cars out there now! :)

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, am I sorry to hear about your car getting that treatment. I would be soooo pi$$ed off.

On the somewhat bright side, looks like you can do an easy fix. :)

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great idea about reviewing the security camera tapes. If a camera was not around, then park in camera view next time so this does not happen again or if it does, then teach him a lesson he'll always remember. I'd be fuming for days if someone did that to my car. And tiepilot, I'm as paranoid as you are. This is not my daily ride and will NEVER be out of my sight.

PARANOIA RULES!!!! (Who's out there???????I know someone is out there!!!!!!)

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mjguflaw-

Assuming a young kid perpetrated this crime, what would you have done to him/her? I know everyone says they would be furious and in a rage, but say you beat the living [******] out of some 14 boy for stealing your emblem then you will go to jail (& get sued) and he will go home and have milk and cookies.

I remember reading one VCA members post a while back about a kid spitting on his hood while he was standing right there. I guess he made the kid Zaino his car. That was clever.

So what would you really do?

AviSarfaraz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't have used harsh language,I would take his worthless ass to the police station. I'd make him pay for it,Take Pictures, a total topnotch paintjob, then make him pay for the emblem. Then Sue his family for vandalisim.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo