Hood question...need help!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the parts manuals (available in the illustrated guides section) the 97 and 01 hoods have different part numbers.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously though, the hood from any genII should fit
obviously if there were a difference then the aftermarket hoods would be specific to year and not generation

I've even heard that you can put a genII hood on a genI with no problems

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hehehee. Whew -- you guys got me chuckling. I have fitted and verified that Gen I and II hoods are interchangeable; as well as everything inter-generation.

Mike

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hehehee. Whew -- you guys got me chuckling. I have fitted and verified that Gen I and II hoods are interchangeable; as well as everything inter-generation.

Mike

"inter-generation"... You made that up....

:rolaugh:

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
c'mon and share.... what happened?

:eater:
Do I really have to???? I knew somebody would ask. OK, slight altercation with a bumper on a Volvo SUV in traffic, looking down at the stereo, STUPID, DUMB, etc... :brick: Scratched the nose and cracked the hood. No air bag, no headlight damage. Very minor but my own ignorance still pi$$es me off! Hopefully something good will come out of it and my 17 year old will now understand why "in traffic" you pay extra attention!!!! God I'm an idiot! OK, I have to stop beating myself up now. I did that all last weekend.

Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you taking care of the damages yourself, or is there an insurance claim involved?

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I really have to???? I knew somebody would ask. OK, slight altercation with a bumper on a Volvo SUV in traffic, looking down at the stereo, STUPID, DUMB, etc... :brick: Scratched the nose and cracked the hood. No air bag, no headlight damage. Very minor but my own ignorance still pi$$es me off! Hopefully something good will come out of it and my 17 year old will now understand why "in traffic" you pay extra attention!!!! God I'm an idiot! OK, I have to stop beating myself up now. I did that all last weekend.

Oof. Sorry, man. ***** to hurt your baby.:(