Hood scoop and filter

Reaction score
I've noticed as most of you probably have also that the air filter is clearly visible in the GenV hood scoop. On the Gen3/4 cars the rain deflector hid it, but many of us removed it to get cleaner airflow into it. Do you like the visible open element or would you rather see it hidden? Darker color maybe?

The fact that the Vipers scoop is actually a real performance ram air intake do you think it is cool to see the filter? Ideas?

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I like the fact that we can see part of the filter through thr scoop. To me it's like a throwback to the Musclecar years when you often could see exposed filter or part of it.

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that and thought that something was missing. I don't like it.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll put in a vote for keeping it as is, as long as there are no side effects such as getting waterlogged in the rain. But I'm sure SRT's testing would have caught it and the team would have corrected it if that were the case.

Looks racey

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope no dust or foriegn objects gets inside. Looks cool tho.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
The filter is actually a washable synthetic element unless it is actually washable with soap and water! There is no need for oil either! The air box has better drainage if any water does pass through so unless you poured a bucket in it there are no downsides to the current setup ;-)

So far sounds like you all like it the way it is, which is cool IMO.

What abouat driving in the rain?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth