Hood wont stay closed

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my 99 hood keeps opening on the drivers side in the front...

Also when I try to completely close it theirs an 1/4 inch of play on the drivers side..While the passanger side is nice and tight...

And some times while driving the passanger side of the hood will open about 1 inch ( like i pulled the lever in the cross grill)..

This is really bugging me..Every time Im driving trying to look good imwondering if the hood popped open and looks sideways ( passanger nice and snug while the drivers side sitting up an inch..

What can I do to stop this?????

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just sounds like the latch assy came loose and moved down. Check latch adjustment they move around. It's one in front by the d/side headlight.

OP
OP
A

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok know what assembly your talking about...But what can i do to correct the problrem?

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It sounds like you just need to adjust the latch up on the side that pops up.
Loosen the two bolts that secure the latch and move it up slightly. Make sure the rubber bump stop is adjusted so the hood has a small amount of up and down play when shut.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least your hood opens. When I purchased my RT I went to pick it up. Paid for it then asked the guy how do you check the oil, before I drove it off. He told me that you had to take the car to the dealer because the hood had to come off. I drove it away and read the owners manual. hahaha. Also he told me to throw away the soft top because it wouldn't fit. He never did read the owners manual in 4 yrs. :bonker:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96