Horsepower Challenge - September 17 - Colonial Heights, VA

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's almost that time for the annual Horsepower Challenge between the VCA and Corvette Club of Richmond. This event is a lot of fun, as a lot of you know. We will challenge the Corvette Club to see who can get the most horsepower to show up at the event. It's based on either the published stock power numbers or a valid dyno sheet with credit for a 15% driveline loss (so if you're planning on attending and have modified your car, be sure to have a dyno sheet so we get the most credit...no sheet, you're stuck with stock numbers).

Last year we edged out the vettes thanks to some very powerful cars! We also need all the help we can get for the "consolation prize" we gave them...we all remember the Teddybear in the Teacup! I've heard that they have something planned SHOULD they win this year. So let's not give them the opportunity!

Some details are as follow:

The Oldies But Goodies Classic Cruizers (whom we work in conjunction with for this event) will be hosting the 9th Annual Christmas In September Car Show and Benefit at the Keystone Tractor Works Museum located at 880 West Roslyn Road in Colonial Heights, Virginia. The show is open to all cars, trucks and bikes. Pre-registration is $15 and day of show is $20. Registration is from 9:00 a.m. to noon. Dash plaques for the first 100 registrants. Over 50 awards to participants. Don’t miss this opportunity for a great day of fun as we continue to raise funds for Children’s Charities in the local community. While at the show take a tour of the Keystone Tractor Works Museum and see some of the nicest restored tractors you will ever see. This is a rain or shine event. Vendor spaces are available for $20. Food and drinks will be available on site along with a live band. Visit our website at www.obgcc.com for a registration form.

We will also be holding a "show" for our own cars. The vette guys will judge the best 3 vipers and we will have a panel select the best 3 vettes (based on mods, appearance, etc). Plaques will be awarded to those vehicles from each side. There will also be a King of the Hill trophy for the viper/vette with the most horsepower (could go either way, but usually one of us walks away with that).

A great event for a great cause...so make sure you mark your calendars!

We will be arranging meeting places and cruise info as the date gets closer. I will also look into a lunch spot for after the event as well.

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there with my TT SRT10. Right now I'm "only" at 870hp with 8psi. I'm sure I can get Howard at CNC Engine Dynamics to turn the boost up to get a higher number. ;) lol

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Besides, I feel almost obligated to be there considering I was the one who presented the "award" to the vette guys. :D lol

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there with my TT SRT10. Right now I'm "only" at 870hp with 8psi. I'm sure I can get Howard at CNC Engine Dynamics to turn the boost up to get a higher number. ;) lol

Let's get that number as high as we can! The record, as I recall, was about 1250 at the crank a few years ago...so the bar has been set pretty high.

And I'm sure we can come up with something better than last year's "award." :lmao:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be able to make this one.... Not so sure about that run down rt95. What a a PIA!!!! Your tax dollars are at work in VA near DC! EVERY hwy. is under construction here!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typically a few us get together and take 15/29 to 17 to avoid the 95 issues. Although it'***** or miss. I almost always seem to hit traffic.

Posting this to bump for a great event. I also will not be able to make it this year since I will be in Atlanta for business. Tried to see if could get back in time, but it just wouldn't work.

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there. Last year, several of us left from Katies Coffee. Is anyone meeting up there?

eurowalt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys a few of us are meeting up at Katies before rolling out there any one else wana meet up there for some cars,coffee before rolling out there???????

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely won't be able to make it these year. I've got some prior family engagements on Saturday. Good luck to all the Viper owners going though!

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad news is I have a wedding to go to the same day. Good news is it is in Chesapeake and well within driving range. So, I might be able to make both or at least show up long enough to register my HP. Of course, I hate to steal all the attention from the lucky couple by showing up in the beast, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

eurowalt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sent emails to all my Viper customers this week. A customer of mine has a TT and also a Paxton should be good for a sweet 1800HP=)

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent emails to all my Viper customers this week. A customer of mine has a TT and also a Paxton should be good for a sweet 1800HP=)

Great! Add mine to that and we're at 2900hp. Btw, make sure they bring their dyno graphs or it will not count.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Just finished sending an email blast throught our membership server. Let me know if you would like any additional information sent out.

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just be sure to get an up to date dyno sheet so you get full credit! Picked up the trophies on Monday...the KOH one is great this year!!!

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad news is I have a wedding to go to the same day. Good news is it is in Chesapeake and well within driving range. So, I might be able to make both or at least show up long enough to register my HP. Of course, I hate to steal all the attention from the lucky couple by showing up in the beast, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

We need all the help we can get!!!

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone need a dyno sheet let me know.... I think mine will have 700 hp.... :2tu:

Last edited:

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a ******* just north of the event, just off of 95...we can cruise up there for lunch after if anyone's interested.

For those coming down I plan to leave at 8:30ish from Fredericksburg. If interested in meeting let me know ASAP. email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Mike, I can do lunch since I don't need to be in Chesapeake until 5pm. Got a hotel down there too, so I could possibly do something on Sunday as I come back through.

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those coming down I plan to leave at 8:30ish from Fredericksburg. If interested in meeting let me know ASAP. email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Mike, I can do lunch since I don't need to be in Chesapeake until 5pm. Got a hotel down there too, so I could possibly do something on Sunday as I come back through.

Sounds like a plan! Sunday I'll be watching the game (Lions) from 1-4 at the local wing place in the West End, you're more than welcome to join (plenty of Viper-friendly parking...I'll even bring mine).

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man what a day.... just want to thank the few that rolled down together for the great lunch and drive down we had.... Kelly was a great guide down and I had fun trying to keep up :drive: with Joe's slow and skinny looking Viper... :lmao: ...... picked up a nice rock chip on my windshield on the way back.... till next time!!!!

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off...I apologize to those that drove from NoVa or anywhere else only to find the show had been cancelled. I didn't find out until I arrived and had no way to warn many of you. I deeply, deeply apologize for that. As for results, since Howard B and I were the only ones to "show up" for the vipers and there were only 3 older vettes, I'd say we won 1000 to +/- 900? Show will be rescheduled so that there will be a genuine winner.

Again, I apologize to those that drove down and turned back.