Hot Summer Nights

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Danville CA, last Thurs was an awesome event, thanks to Jack Cohen for managing the logistics and hosting.

The event was setup in advance of the national hot rod show this weekend at the Alameda County Fairgrounds. There was a great turnout with about 28 vipers showing, lots of gen1 RT10s, a good selection of genII cars, quite a few single year color cars; I counted 6 ACRs, seems like sort of a disproportionate number concentrated in this small area.

The rods were frickin-awesome, these are national level show cars. The police closed off the main street and they parked the hot rods and classics up and down both sides of the street for, I don't know, maybe a half a mile. I never saw all the cars there, but there were lots of cool rides: Street rods, 34 Fords and 41 coupes, lowered cars, totally ridiculous cars, trucks, stockers, race cars, you name it they were there. Many of these are absolute garage queens, built with no concern for expense. You have never seen so much shine from chrome and multi-hue paint in your life. This one guy had a 600+ CI supercharged 63 split window vette (actually a totally tube-frame) dragster that he fired-up, I mean just to look at it, it's probably a 6-7 sec car. Man, the whole place was just shaking when he goosed it. 3 or 4 different bands were playing, and the place was just wall-to-wall people, you couldn't even walk down the mainstreet.

The most amazing part were the throngs of ladies, incredible supply of young, pampered, perky gals, and and every one struttin-it with everything on display. Head on a swivel deal.

I was surprised to see Dennis Chiotes (sp?) in the Viper corral. He's the president of the NorCal Ferrari club, and drives a 99 ACR and an 94 RT, but no Ferraris. cool.

I missed the post-event dinner at Jacks but if it was it was anything like the rest of the event, I'm sure everyone had a good time. I look forward to this gig next year. Did anyone take some photos they can post? Tomer? Todd? Anyone?

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of Rod builders around that area, Andy Brizio and his son
Roy are responsible for most of that activity.

If you want to see more of Andy's and Roy's work do a google.com
search on Andy Brizio... he's the man

If you get to meet them, they are very nice people to do business
with and know anybody and everybody in case you need something.

Like a painter, chrome work, billit... etc..etc

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MtHam ACR:
In Danville CA, last Thurs was an awesome event, thanks to Jack Cohen for managing the logistics and hosting.

The most amazing part were the throngs of ladies, incredible supply of young, pampered, perky gals, and and every one struttin-it with everything on display. Head on a swivel deal.

I missed the post-event dinner at Jacks but if it was it was anything like the rest of the event, I'm sure everyone had a good time. I look forward to this gig next year. Did anyone take some photos they can post? Tomer? Todd? Anyone?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big Kudos to Jack for organizing this and to Burt for standing guard in the parking lot all day to hold our spots!

As far as young girls strutting . . . .welcome to Danville! Uhhh Just keep reminding yourself how old they are. Wish I was in high school again!

nono.gif
supergrin.gif

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are killing me! THe event was awesome! Thanks to Jack and his support staff, the organization for the Vipers was superb to say the least...

And the ladies strutt'in their stuff, well, awesome again...

I took a few pics, will post if they are any good at all!

cheers!
Tomer
Gavin, we missed you...Scott, you too!

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it....Sounds like it was even better than last year. I was dying to go...unfortunately duty calls. I figured it wouldn't be much fun to show up with my Viper minus the engine!(We are doing more R&D on the LETHAL 750 PLUS upgrades we hope to have available soon.)

Glad to hear it was a blast!
See all of you (hopefully) at the next monthly Viper dinner in a couple weeks.
-Wayne (LTHL VPR)

OP
OP
M

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gavin wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>any lambs present?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Lambs, sheep and mutton -- you name it they were there. I think we coulda enlisted your dogs to keep the absolute overflow of young ones corraled though (there were quite a number that I wouldn't mind having dangling from a stick in front of me, do you still have that duct tape?).

Any of the cloved-hoof type in FLA?

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few pics from the show...But...I downsized em to 480x640 and they are still a little &gt;100K...I will trim a little more off tonight.

Tomer

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was good to get up there and see all the vipers. i took off and had a great dinner at one the local italian places with an old friend. great excuse to get out of the house, see some great cars and have some fun. thanks jack for the effort.

jason

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie N,

Not to Hi-jack a thread, but I though I would go to Viper Days at BTW and push John Dearing around the track next time he runs out of gas.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Joe B

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2nd try here...Lets see if I can make this happen before my PC bombs again...:-(

At the Hot Summer Nights in Danville (Northern Cal) there must have been 200 maybe 300 rods...Really hard to count...

Also, there were &gt; 25 Vipers!!! For any locals, you may have seen in the news that there was a 3.0 quake registered Thursday evening just northeast of Danville...I think that was caused when we all fired up our Vipers and left the lot!!!! hehe

We had an L shaped lot...First pic is of the cars lined up along the sidewalk (note my white RT 2nd car in, and you can see just a little of the "special" rim on the rear of the red 97 RT....anyone recognise that??)

Danville-front-sm2.jpg

2nd pic is of the middle section of the lot...

Danvilleshow-middle-sm.jpg

The Zaino on Eric's ACR was amazing to the touch...

Finally, the part of the lot that extends (it all its Viper-ness) away perpendicular from the street...

Danvilleshow-side-sm.jpg

A great time was had by all!!

Tomer

OP
OP
M

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, way to go man, you got my car in two outta three photos, cool. Any more picts of the street rods? And the wall to wall people, and the lambs? (I guess if you squint you can kind of see the crowd and cars in the upper right of the top photo.)

That guy Dennis Chiotes (black shirt) is standing to the left of my car, in the second photo, between Todds silver ACR and mine. Dennis used to own an identical twin to mine until he let his brother-in-law show some girl what a neat car it was last spring. The guy ended up wrapping it around a tree (everyone was ok) and the car burned to the ground. Sad day in Viper land, Dennis spent some time reminiscing (sniff). And then there were 48.
EddieN wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>any of you norcal guys coming down for vipers days at buttonwillow?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Eddie, wouldn't miss it. Gavin and I will both be down on Fri afternoon, and I'm certain there will be a few other NorCal club cars there. Work some magic with the weather Gods ok? We need about 85 deg and overcast with a light breeze that kicks in about 10:30 both days.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Danville event was very memorable for me...I'd never been in a group like that at a car show. I was really surprised at how much attention the vipers got from the people walking by, especially as the night wore on.

In all the excitement, I only took one picture--that of Tanya, my daughter standing next to the red R/T with the SRT10 rims.

I notice in Tomers third picture you can see me, Tanya and Kevin going over his crazy nitrous setup.

Thanks to Jack Cohen for the nice pizza/wine bash afterward--I appreciated the fine company. Viper people are wonderful fun to be around. To my surprise, Tanya mingled at her first party famously, and I hardly saw her. She had a great time, too, but wasn't much into the rod scene. She liked the stock cars, though.

The lambo VT that pulled into our lot was a nice treat for everyone, and it gave all the viper guys a break for a while, as the crowd MOBBED it.

Quote of the day came from my new young friend Liz, across the street in the stock car group. Liz, is a cute 17-yo tom-boyish girl who built her 1967 Orange and white camaro from the ground up. Clean engine, nitrous. To quote Liz:
"I hate new cars. New cars have no soul."

Liz, if you had only crossed the street...

I'll see if I can find that pic later, and you can all get a look at the R/T with the SRT rims.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah baby!!! The White ones always stand out!!! Having body coloured rims adds some pizzzaaaazzzzzzzzzzzz too!!

Tomer