How about some Gen IV inputs for DC???

AlbertFattal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is my opinion on the coupe, again (sorry for repeating it many times)

You must be registered for see images

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's REAL EASY!

- More N/A power; NO factory forced induction! Try the SRT Carbon intake manifold, some factory headwork, and perhaps a bit more aggressive stock exhaust.

- Quaife in the car.

- More aggressive suspension setup, or an ACR package. Chevy nailed 'hard-edged' with the new Z. It shouldn't be too damned hard to get the Viper back where it originally was.

- Use the molds for the SRT Carbon front fascia and some styling cues from the CC, like some emulation of the rear above. LOSE THE HALF-ASSED Gen II/Gen III CRAP!!! In case no one else noticed, it looks like hell!

safireviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Hemi Heads
2. Dry Sump system
3. Horizontal gauges
4. Designer of the GTS and '99 concept Charger ( same guy who knows how to use curves - please, oh please let this man design the body)
5. Nicer ( = meaner ) exhuast note
6. Keep original philosophy of car intact
7. Factory sponsorship of racing division
8. A twenty something blonde with every order

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Lighter;
2. Tubular Aluminum Frame;
3. Lose some pounds;
4. Less unsprung weight; and
5. Aim for 3000 pounds.

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Road handling performance & HP/Torque is EVERYTHING but
get back to creating a break through body design. Stop reusing designs, design clues or any ideas that are from anything else. Lets get back to Viper being the leader again.
If you don't want (or can't afford )to do a totally new body design, my vote is to not build a Gen IV.
Let Viper die.
Just my 2 cents!

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok here we go.

* Reinforced aluminum frame
* Overall weight below 2,900 lbs
* Comp Coupe wide body
* Carbon Fiber body panels
* 522 CID DOHC Double overhead cam engine
* Forged Crankshaft, Forged Pistons, Forged Billet Steel Connecting Rods
* CNC Ported Heads. Larger intake and exhaust valves. Flow over 300 cfm on the intake, over 250 cfm on the exhaust.
* 650 HP and 650 lb-ft Torque
* Dry Sump oiling
* Quaife Differential
* Ride Height and stiffness adjustable coilovers
* Differential, transmission, oil, etc coolers
* Front 8 Piston, Rear 4 Piston Caliper brakes with drilled and slotted 2 piece disks (Optional Ceramic disks)
* No-lift manual sequential transmission with helical gears (T56 with s*itty shifter for haters)
* Real roll bar
* Sticky R compound wider tires with light wheels

This list can go forever.....

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow some ambitiuos plans we have here. I would be thrilled if it was something along the lines of a 8.4 liter 600hp, 650trq, 3200 pound, dry sump, viper on the streets for 80 large. I agree that the styling should be more "wow." Try to revolutionize the way people look at the viper (enthusiasts). Regular folks dont really know the difference between generations. I think what I am hoping for is pretty realistic.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) I don't think it's realistic to get to 3000 lbs having to harness a V10 engine but carbon fibre has to be getting less expensive than it used to so use more.
2) Keep the V10 and at the same or more displacement. There is room to bump compression to 10.0 to 1 and port the heads. 650 hp is not unreasonable and keep it N/A. Power adders are best left to the aftermarket since factory superchargers historically are upgraded by hot rodders anyway. Keep the engine 2 valve/cyl but make them larger. Forged or titanium internals would be nice even if put in a special edition.

3) Bring back the clamshell hood to show off the V10 and make it easier to work on. The hood was never a cost effective thing but what about the Viper was ever supposed to be practical.

4) Keep the price in the $80k range or less. If DC goes over $100k, they will lose too many loyal buyers. If they price over $100k, why stop there. They might as well spare no expense and compete with the Enzo or Saleen S7 or Porsche GT.

5) No paddle shifter (but you can improve the current shifter), No Lambo doors, No cupholders, No luxury items but the basics.

6) Remove once and for all the stupid skip shift. Owners are just reving to 2000 in 1st to defeat it which results in even worse gas mileage. Being locked out of 2nd and 3rd when you need them in slow traffic causes driveability issues that can be dangerous like getting rear ended while in this shifting limbo. Viper owners pay a gas guzzler tax and should be allowed to enjoy their ride having paid this tax. :mad:

7) Factory backing of racing. The win on Sunday and sell on Monday still applies to some degree with supercars. Winning on the track displays proven durabilty and performance of the Viper platform under extremes and adds value. The GT2 Viper was made to commemorate wins at Lemans. The GT2 followed by the ACR are awesome. Racing innovations will find their way to production. The color scheme special editions of today don't quite measure up to a GT2 or ACR. :usa:

8) The Competition Coupe is the Over-The-Top benchmark for styling. Combine Gen II front end with Competition Coupe rear end with wing. Make a Gen II style removable targa roof an option. Keep side exhaust and double bubble roof. Make the car wider in the front and overall keep it low, wide, and menacing.

For Warfang, Make a garage chandelier an optional extra. :laugh: