How did you solve this problem with the drivers' side floor mat that moves!

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you solve this problem with the drivers\' side floor mat that moves!

I'm sure lots of people have this problem, and it is ******* me off. I have done everything short of stapling this thing to my floor. It keeps interfearing with my driving. I bought mats that have a plug in the middle to stick into my floor, and there is nowhere for it to plug into? I am thinking velcro or something. Did anyone else have this problem and solve it? Thanks.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How did you solve this problem with the drivers\' side floor mat that moves!

I took my driver side one out but if theres a solution i'm all ears. i hate it when it gets in the way!

Reaction score
Re: How did you solve this problem with the drivers\' side floor mat that mo

I added a eyelet on the inside corner. Cut a hole in the mat, used the eyelet tool and I ended up with a nice brass eyelet that I can then use to fasten the mat to the inner seat rail, under the seat.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have this issue as well. I am going to be taking my interior out yet this winter to clean, replace speakers and maybe put in a custom painted dash (need to find a used dash at a decent price first). Anyhow I was going to attempt to fix this issue with some well placed velco.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I cut a small hole in the mat near the seat itself, put in a tie-wrap, and that seems to hold it in place.

get a black tie-wrap so that it doesn't stick out as much. :)

JD

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score

I got a grommet kit from the hardware store and put a grommet in the center of the back of the mat and then got a 1/4 inch stove bolt because it has no head on it. Then I drilled a hole all the way through the floor and siliconed the bolt and put it through from underneath and used a chrome acorn nut to hold the mat in place. You can't really see it because it is under the seat and it worked better then anything else I have tried.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought those clips that pin into the carpet under the seat and clip the mats down so they don't move forward at an auto parts store. They are made for floor mats.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got a couple of black rubber mats from Pep boye. Nothin' but top notch equipment for my snake.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I mounted a halon fire extinguisher for track events just in front of the driver's seat, then draped the floor mat over the fire extinguisher when on the street, and this keeps the floor mat in place just fine.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hate to whine, but that's just a lot of hoops to jump through for mats. Are there mats out there just as good?
I feel the same way, to much hassle for some freakin mats. Tell them to take credit cards lol

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know what you mean. That drove me nuts to be constantly having to pull the floor mat out from under the pedals.
Here is a photo of the drivers side of the mats I had made custom, with a notch for the hatch latch for my a GTS. I had them put in extra tabs to keep the mat in place. The lower 3 held so well I never had to use the ones under the pedals.
http://www.thedriversseat.com/index.html

4030DSC02501-med.JPG

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I still have the original mats and have not experenced any "creep" problems. I do plan to upgrade soon, so this info is valuable.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I placed my extra set of Lexus mats over my Viper Cognac mats, no more slipping and the cognac carpets stay new and in place...

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They bunch up eventually, just like stock, but they take longer to do it. Most of you won't ever notice this, since you don't drive your cars. To prevent even these ones from bunching up, I used the Pepboy's clips that others use on the regular mats - hard to put on though.

starcity

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have loosened the two front bolts of the driver seat and slipped the front floor mat between the carpet and the driver's seat. And of course, tighten the bolts once the floormat is firmly in place. Seems to be the best bet! Good luck, Chris.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

My stock ones bunched up, but my Snake Oyl ones have never, ever, bunched up. Not tied down to anything at all, but they are big, and don't seem to want to move around at all. Problem solved, don't even think about it anymore.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My stock ones bunched up, but my Snake Oyl ones have never, ever, bunched up. Not tied down to anything at all, but they are big, and don't seem to want to move around at all. Problem solved, don't even think about it anymore.

Ditto my Brother!

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I added a eyelet on the inside corner. Cut a hole in the mat, used the eyelet tool and I ended up with a nice brass eyelet that I can then use to fasten the mat to the inner seat rail, under the seat.

A variation with two straps, one to each seat rail bolt.

You must be registered for see images

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How did you solve this problem with the drivers\' side floor mat that moves!

On the driver's side I am using 2 mats on top of each other and they stay put. The passenger side has a fire extinguisher holding down the mat.