How do I add a CD Changer to my 96 RT/10?

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am tired of not having a CD player in my viper. I am thinking about adding a CD changer because my headunit has the buttons already and I think it will be the easiest thing to do. I looked in the truck and I have the stock two amps, is there a way to just plug a changer into the amps or do I have to do something else. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

:headbang:

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am adding one as we speak. Bought a JVC with 12 disc changer/mp3 player. Mounted in trunk and have run the wire with the other harness up to the front of the car, zip tying the cable tot he existing radio harness in the trans tunnel. Drilled a large 5/8" hole in tunnel foreward of the ciggarette ashtray and will connect it by way of the antennae. Hardest part was running the cable from the trunk to the front. Fortunately I have a lift and it made the job not too bad. If you don't have access to a lift it will be more challenging. I didn't want to drill a bunch of holes and remove the interior to wire it up.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 12 disc sony in my 96 RT. It came that way when I acquired the car. Does anyone have a pic of the stock head unit? I believe my head unit to be stock and the Sony just plugs in. All controls are within the unit and it works well.

good luck

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you get resolution to this? I have the factory head unit sitting in my garage, cuz previous owner swapped in a Sony head unit with single CD...

The stock head unit (Alpine) has a connector to run to optional CD changer (it is the older style, may be called m-bus?), and the RCA's to accept the audio signal from the CD (then routed back to the amps I presume)...

If a pic would help, I can probably make that happen.

Tomer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang