How do ya do it????

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is for the seasonal veterans,,, how the he[[ do ya make it through the winter without drivin' your viper?????? How do ya deal with the withdrawl symptoms????
Is there a recovery process? :rolleyes: I don't know how much longer I can stand it!!!!!!!!!!!! Any good advice????? Please, crackin' under the pressure!!!!

Failing miserably, Mitch

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, feel it too! 4 months takes forever (I generally put them to bed around Dec 1 and back out near the end of March). Playing with toys and computer racing helps (a little).

Improves a lot if the Vikings are winning! (originally from Minnesota)

Free

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hehe, living in the South has its benefits.

We only hibernate a little over 6 weeks a year! :)

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
??Put the car away for the year?? Are ya nuckin' futz!?
:laugh:
300 days of sunshine a year here in Vegas.....
:cool:
I was in withdrawl while the car was at the dealer for 4 days for a new water pump...
:shocked:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be that Vegas heat doing in the water pump! :)

Be sure and put a cover over the car Snakebit. Not having to see it sitting there sadly dormant over the winter helps some..

I fired mine up for the first time in a while yesterday to fog the engine, and it was great just to hear it come to life again(!). Add in the Harley a few minutes later to run the gas stabilizer into the lines and just for a few minutes it was summer again.

S

SUN RA KAT

The snow melts, a warm rain washes the salt away for a day, and A-Vipering I'm-A-Going during that one perfect winter day when the cold dense air brings 50 extra horsepower to my right foot. Then I put the Viper away for another two weeks knowing that I have charged both my car's and my batteries as I watch everything turn slippery white again.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Down South we love the winter months, like Kenny(SUN RA KAT) said it brings a extra 50-75hp to our S/C motors.

I do not understand these Winter problems you talk of !

It is not a consciences that we have the Florida V- 10 Nationals in the middle of winter..... so you can take that stock or mildly or highly modified Viper out of hibernation and bring it to Florida and get a "need for speed again". :2tu:

Cudaman :usa:

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitch,

I hear ya, it plain *****.

I look forward to hard rains in the winter to wash the streets off. I'll still take it out if the streets are clean.

I agree with FE065, put a cover over it...it might help

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave, Its time to do some up grades since you cant take it out. Bobby and I are ready to stop by and spend all your money for the winter projects.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be that Vegas heat doing in the water pump! :)

Be sure and put a cover over the car Snakebit. Not having to see it sitting there sadly dormant over the winter helps some..

I fired mine up for the first time in a while yesterday to fog the engine, and it was great just to hear it come to life again(!). Add in the Harley a few minutes later to run the gas stabilizer into the lines and just for a few minutes it was summer again.

I did the same thing yesterday. Fired the Viper up pulled it out of the garage then fired up the Harley. Let them both sit outside for a while. Of course I drove the Harley down the street and back, then took the Viper for a trip around the block. Mostly sideways, the cold tires, cold street, and a supercharged Viper makes for some fun. Man I can't wait for summer. :2tu:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just mosey on out to the Viper Pit and check over the new and used Serpents. Then I think of all the good little boys and girls , all over the country , that want Santa to bring them a BIG BADAZZZ toy for da Holidays, and I get kinda warm all over. It is such fun to give!!!

Santa Willie

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well, I am having my garage heated and over the winter 6 or 7 coats of Zanio to get her looking good for next year!

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's why I'm here in the Pacific Northwest. No gravel, no salt, no snow. It was a beautiful dry day today, so I took the Viper Christmas shopping! No doubt some folks added one more thing to their wish list as I drove by...

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Winter is when she's drives best. Cold nights, windows down, the V10 keeping you nice and warm. :cool:

It just doesn't get any better than that

Winter time in West Palm Beach, Fl :2tu:

2000 GTS Steel Grey :usa:
6 piston Baer claws up front, Front brakes in back, Quaife differential, GKH half shafts,
Alloy fly wheel, Short throw shifter, Polished aluminum intakes, K&N air filters,
Optima battery, Sterling silver key.

OP
OP
SNKEBIT

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just mosey on out to the Viper Pit and check over the new and used Serpents. Then I think of all the good little boys and girls , all over the country , that want Santa to bring them a BIG BADAZZZ toy for da Holidays, and I get kinda warm all over. It is such fun to give!!!

Santa Willie

Bill,,,,, your job must really ****!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :2tu: :usa: :headbang:

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is real easy. You live where you can drive it all year round lol. I had the top off my r/t today! Now that is what I call winter.

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still trying to drive mine when the roads are dry and free of salt. Probably alot more often clear here than MN.
The other thing that helps me deal with the snow is snowmobiling. Go get yourself a fast snowmobile. Mine does the 1/4 in about the same time as a stock viper. A little over 12 seconds. I guess I am just trying to have the best of both worlds...summer viper...winter snowmobile. It does help me but nothing can replace the feeling we get driving our vipers!!

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel your pain dude..

My dad drove the snake off the lot last december ( Wow, I can't beleive it's already been a year! ). I got to ride in it off the lot, no further. Dad made me follow him to the shop because it didn't have any plates... :( He waited a while for the salt to wash away too, took it to the shop, and if I remember right, the weather went back to crap the next day...

Being off in college, I never had a chance to "pet the snake" before it went to it's winter nap... :(

stupid...midwest....weather..

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got home about 15 miutes ago... out with the guys havin' some beers...... top off the RT....... Winter ROCKS!!!!!

Of course I'm in Florida.... I drive YEAR 'ROUND...... it's my everyday vehicle!!!!!!!

Gotta Love Florida!

I'll keep you and all you Northerners in my thoughts and prayers!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Lance