How does one get Viper off the brain?

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the call yesterday that my Viper would be showing up tomorrow and now that is all I can think about. I am sitting here at work and cannot concentrate on anything expect that. I think that everyone here is getting tired of hearing me talk about it too. Someone please give me a cure!

------------
'97 GTS blue/white stripe

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your obsession is completely normal. After all....owning a Viper is just about everyone's dream come true. Those co-workers who are tired of hearing about it will be the first in line to take a ride in your dream. It's harder than waiting for x-mas when you were little. Congats! Hope it arrives soon.

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In most cases its incurable and terminal.You are starting into the acute phase of the disease which as it becomes more chronic may absolutely eat you alive...man what a way to go though!

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I contacted my Doctor (aka Viper Tech) about this problem recently. As I suspected, no REAL cure besides taking small doses of ******* ladies, but this only stops the symptoms for 15-20 seconds before you start thinking about your snake again.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too was unable to think about anything else when I first purchased my car. The week it took to arrive was a killer. Now that I have had it for a bit I am not as obsessed, which is a good thing.

The only cure for getting the car off the brain is driving it!

OP
OP
C

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahaha........you guys are killing me. Glad to know this disease is not rare.

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You will soon come down with a severe case of Constantly-checking-it-out-when-its-in-the-garage-asitis, Steep-driveway-aphobia, and maybe a little tennis elbow from Zainoing too much :laugh:

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan,

You've come a long way buddy. You left St.Louis to join a Seattle garage band, and WOW now you're gonna have a Viper in that garage! Congrats. You did go w/ the best color combo ever IMO!

PS. HEY! WHY ARE THERE BLUE AND WHITE PILLS IN THIS BOTTLE??? :laugh:

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No cure. I'm not even an owner and I would get excited when I learned I was going to ride in the Viper, let alone the driving and VCA meets.

OP
OP
C

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mikey, you know you are to blame for most of my addiction. I can still remember driving your yellow corvette way back when. Hell I can still remember the conversation we had on the couch in the old house before I even pledged. Amazing to know two old college fraternity brothers can get back in touch with each other like this. Maybe you and the wife could come out and visit sometime.

I like the joke about the pills. Maybe I will do that this afternoon. Line a 60 dram vial with ****** on the outside and Vicodin in the middle. Our new pharmacy mascot.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't bother fighting it ride it out.....

Mine is laid up in the garage needing a new clutch, too busy to get there and drop the thing. Thinking of laying it down on a nice country road is what keeps me going day to day.

Nice color choice, and kudos to the 'rents for a good name choice too!

No Bias Here!

(my vin is 300613, you earlier or after mine in '97)

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to wait a week from when I bought mine till she was delivered and it was the longest week of my life. Go ahead and order your Zaino and Valentine radar detector, clear space on your gas credit card and get ready to have more fun the you ever have had.

Bill

OP
OP
C

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After, my vin is 301251. Hard to believe this time tomorrow I will be running around in a Viper that I own.

I have been to the Zaino website, but I was a little overwhelmed by all the different products. What do I need to order from them?

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the joke about the pills. Maybe I will do that this afternoon. Line a 60 dram vial with ****** on the outside and Vicodin in the middle. Our new pharmacy mascot.

[/QUOTE]

It's the 3 V's. The ****** Vicodin Viper..

Use Bentyl.. the blue is closer to the factory color. :D I can truly understand how excited you are. You won't miss the ZR1 after tomorrow.

OP
OP
C

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've still got the ZR1, I'll probably just never drive it again.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to get Viper off the brain?

PS - Might as well make this your home page because you WILL invariably end up here - that is at least when you're not driving, washing, waxing, planning and/or installing mods.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've still got the ZR1, I'll probably just never drive it again.

Nah, you will...it'll just take a few months. ;)

I don't think I drove my ZR1 for about 6 weeks after getting my Snake but she's still a blast...the pull up top is intoxicating as heck (as you know) and you'll love it all over again after experieincing the low grunt of the Viper. Little ying & yang, lemon & lime, sugar and spice so to speak.

They're fun cars to drive back to back, too...

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the call yesterday that my Viper would be showing up tomorrow and now that is all I can think about. I am sitting here at work and cannot concentrate on anything expect that. I think that everyone here is getting tired of hearing me talk about it too. Someone please give me a cure!

------------
'97 GTS blue/white stripe

Cure? Forget about it. Wait til you experience Viper Withdrawal when you're away from it. :D Don't forget, it's mandatory to take lots of pics and post them. Congrats and welcome to Viper Nation! :cool:

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cruser,

Did you happen to buy this in MD? This girl I work with said her aunt just sold their 97 Blue/White with approx. 5k miles to a guy in WA. Maybe it was you.

OP
OP
C

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes that is the car. It showed up this morning. I just got back from a 2 hour drive. Incredible. I will post pics and my driving impressions later. Too pumped up right now to do so.

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I already have about 20 pics she sent me although they look pretty dirty in the pics she took. Post some new ones. I bet you probably got a decent deal because she was having a tough time selling from what I understand.