How is SRT-C effecting price on GTS?

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't been on the boards lately so I apologize if this has been asked a bunch of times. Last time I was on here was before the coupes had come out and everyone was throwing out guesses.

Now that the production has shipped, how is the GTS market? 96/97 preferably, but in general. Are more being traded in for the new 06? Are the 96/97 still selling firmly at 50-55k?

AMong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think the market value of the GTS will be affected much by the new coupe. To me, they are two different cars, each with thier own strong points. These vipers arent your average ford explorer with a dated body style and technology. The gen II vipers are to this day, still great sports cars that rank right up there with ANY of todays production sports cars.

To further that fact, I have been looking at the new coupes , and I love them, BUT I just purchased a gen II ACR today, and im FREAKIN OUT !!! cant wait to get it here -

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it hasnt affected it yet. it probly wont. but if it does it would be better to see if it does in the summer time because thats usually when most vipers are bought. my 2 cents...

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it hasnt affected it yet. it probly wont. but if it does it would be better to see if it does in the summer time because thats usually when most vipers are bought. my 2 cents...

This is NOT an attack on Sween.. FYI. Just me being curious..

Wow Sween, you are a total post ***** reg on 07/20/05 12:31 AM and have well over 1000 posts. You came on the scene *********. Where did you come from?

I actually thought it was funny, that you would speak to the market trends of a viper, I am not saying you couldnt be qualified to do so, but that its highly unlikely given that you are a kid.

Now my "tree fiddy" (aka 2 cents). I see the NEW coupes getting discounted and the Gen 2's typically continue to creep up in value over the last 6-8 months. Dont get me wrong, SOME folks are discounting their Gen 2's and if I catch them, or can trick them into doing so, I was poised to take advantage. But the discounts only went so far, and only on a few rare occasions. Otherwise, typically I see the Gen 2's doing an EXCELLENT job of holding value recently (we took a temporary but significant dip with the initial release of the srt-10 in 03) but then crawled back up slowly.

If I was to "invest" in a reasonably priced viper at this point, it would be a 96/97 B/W or a 01-02 ACR w/stripes. (both low milage)

My 2 cents, I mean Tree Fiddy.

Jon

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is NOT an attack on Sween.. FYI. Just me being curious..

Wow Sween, you are a total post ***** reg on 07/20/05 12:31 AM and have well over 1000 posts. You came on the scene *********. Where did you come from?

I actually thought it was funny, that you would speak to the market trends of a viper, I am not saying you couldnt be qualified to do so, but that its highly unlikely given that you are a kid.

My 2 cents, I mean Tree Fiddy.

Jon

first of all: look at this if the coupe only has a one year run, its going to be worth a lot of money in the future. then that would be about 800 coupes made total thats about the same total amount of acrs.
Second of all: yes im in high school. im probly the biggest viperholic that doesnt own a viper. the local dodge dealership knows me as "that viper guy". my uncle was looking to buy a viper so he wanted me to look at the prices for him, ive been looking at the prices ever since.
third of all:the gts's prices probly wont change thats why i said it probly wont change.
forth of all: yes i guess ive posted too much.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol.. not posted too much.. u add value... I was curious, its why I wasnt attacking (which we all know i can do ;-) )

Thanks for answering Sween.

Jon

That's very sporting of you Jon. :D

I was sween back in 92 when I saw my first Viper right out of high school. Learned everything I could about them. Only difference is I didn't have the guts to mouth off here until I got my snake. :D

Now you can't shut me up. :curse:

I wonder when the gts price will start going upwards?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just a personal observation.

We have had 4 GTSs traded in on new Coupes. We have seen a stabilization in prices of the GTSs and RT-10s over the past 4-6 months, neither up or down. This was after a strong upswing for about 9 months, and now pricing is very consistent, though really clean models/examples are becoming very difficult to find. This could mean another upswing in the coming years, and the Coupes have sold very well, with the right equipment. With a possibility of two more colors , this could be the best year ever for a diverse look , and many will own a Viper that does not look like the rest - compared to years when we only had 2-3 colors. We have completely sold out of Coupes and we are waiting impatiently for more, as demand is there, but with the Christmas break and other issues, product is being delayed.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper