How long until you got your 1st ticket in your Viper?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading the new thread by Batboy about his ticket, it got me wondering. How long did it to everyone to get their 1st ticket/warning in their Viper and what was it for? It took me a whopping 5 days! Me and a friend were coming back from Atlanta around 1am. Obviously when pushing in the clutch to change gears, my knee hit the headlight switch, turning them off. I never noticed b/c of all the interstate lights that were on. I noticed right about the time I passed the cop on the side of Interstate :eek: . He pulled me over, gave me every DUI test in the book, (I think he was just stalling for the 2 other police cars to show up to see the Viper). After he let me return to the car, he gave me a warning and then started asking questions about the car just like everyone else does. Besides making me freeze on the side of interstate for 20 mins taking DUI tests, he was a nice guy. Wish all cops I ran into were more like him.

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took me a little over a year...doing 101 in a 50. Long story short...got a fine...S I S with 2 years of probation. After that, I decided to get a Valentine 1 ....guess I thought I was stealthy up until my first ticket. None since!!

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two years. On the way to Vegas. I had my V1 on and was cruising about 95 with a pack of about 8 other cars so I felt pretty safe. Just as I go under an overpass I see a dozen CHP cars lined up and waiting like buzzards on the on-ramp. A plane clocked us all and 8 cruisers pulled everyone over. Luckily I was under 100 mph so I could do traffic school.

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 years and received 2 within a few months of each other. The second was from a plane at 17,000 feet. Sounds worse than it was as I was doing 94 in a 75 behind 4 cars traveling to denver. I now know that those signs that say patrolled by aircraft are not complete BS.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am 37 and never been pulled over in the Viper or any car for that matter. Almost did one day though, was doing 110 on a road we call the Beltline here in Madison and slowed over a bridge. Here comes this ricer flying by me and the cop sitting on the on ramp nailed him!! He was going at least 120mph. To funny.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7 months. Cruising home from a Sunday autocross, got pulled over for doing 71 in the right lane of a 50 mph 6 lane hiway. Had to pay an attorney $400 to get it reduced 1 mph to 70 which is significant in NYS. Cop never noticed my lack of a front plate or it would have been 2 tickets.

Got a V1 the next day. None since.

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st day

- Warning for having no front license plate

2nd week

- Ticket for not having front license plate 85$

Since then

- Took a new route home. no problems since :) and no front plate

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
I have you all beat and probably everyone else on the site!

I was on the way home from picking up my Viper and about 3 hours into the trip i got popped for doing 81 in a 65 in Virginia on 95 :(

I saw him pull out and i waited for him on the shoulder. He thanked me for being so kind with a ticket and said if i appeared in court he would let the judge know about my outstanding cooperation lol.

I never went and paid the fine. Sucked! But i haven't been pulled over in 2 years come Feb :)

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After reading the new thread by Batboy about his ticket, it got me wondering. How long did it to everyone to get their 1st ticket/warning in their Viper and what was it for? It took me a whopping 5 days! Me and a friend were coming back from Atlanta around 1am. Obviously when pushing in the clutch to change gears, my knee hit the headlight switch, turning them off. I never noticed b/c of all the interstate lights that were on. I noticed right about the time I passed the cop on the side of Interstate :eek: . He pulled me over, gave me every DUI test in the book, (I think he was just stalling for the 2 other police cars to show up to see the Viper). After he let me return to the car, he gave me a warning and then started asking questions about the car just like everyone else does. Besides making me freeze on the side of interstate for 20 mins taking DUI tests, he was a nice guy. Wish all cops I ran into were more like him.

So you get a ticket or a warning?
BTW it took me almost 10 years before I got my first.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only 1 warning after a year and a half of owning it...doing 76 in a 55...dropped from 70-55 and the sign was laying on the Highway...

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No tickets in the Viper.......but I got 14 in two months in my Saleen. I was going through a divorce at the time and since i was perpetually **********, i took it out on my car.

Viblur

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 weeks.. went for a quick spin after a Saturday morning wash to blow the water out of the crevices.. both motorcycle cops I met that morning (1 stop) did not have enough coffee to start the day.. have since invested in an air compressor to move the water post wash.

DadsToy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ticket...What's that...Doesn't everyone have Diplomatic Immunity like me....Yea Baby...

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 days in my new SRT(03) after getting
no tkts in 8 years with my RT(95)*

* forgot to transfer radar dector onto windshield :usa:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 day. Picked the car up and drove to SC to see family and hell would do it all over again. The points come off this week it was three years ago and not one since. :2tu: Adrian

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My VIPER is the ONLY car I've had that I have NOT gotten a ticket in !
Go Figure....
heh... same here after 2 1/2 yr.

danfromohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
My VIPER is the ONLY car I've had that I have NOT gotten a ticket in !
Go Figure....
heh... same here after 2 1/2 yr.
Sounds like you guys know there is a target on your backs!

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously when pushing in the clutch to change gears, my knee hit the headlight switch, turning them off.

Wait, what? You need to move your seat back. Are you like 9' tall or something? How does that even possibly happen?

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldnt tell ya. All I know is when I left Atlanta, lights were on. When I got pulled over an hour later, lights had been turned off somehow. I just assumed my knee hit them. Your guess is as good as mine

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang