How many ACR's were built for each year & R they worth the extra $$

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many ACR\'s were built for each year & R they worth the extra $$

How many ACR's were built for each year & R they worth the extra $$. I hear they have a comfort package, I would Love to know what that could be. :usa:

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How many ACR\'s were built for each year & R they worth the extra $$

Tough call. In the long run I would think they would be more desireable but who knows. Not a great idea buying a car like this for an investment, at least not at this point.

If you like the wheels then its a no brainer to get an ACR. Different oiling system but that is most likely not an issue for non track cars. Also smooth tubes and K&N's which are easy to add. Most dont like the shocks so that may not be much of a deal maker either. It will be much easier to find an ACR with Comfort group thats for sure. Comfort package adds the radio and A/C. As far as build numbers you can find the build info on this site but in total there was just over 800 built over the 4 year period that they were produced.

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score

As a recent purchaser of an ACR it seemed to me like the ACR package added anywhere from zero to about $5,000 to the price of the typical non-ACR models. I believe the ACR option was a $10K package with the comfort group adding a little more to the price.

As the cars depreciate, the $3K stripes and the $10K ACR package cost seem to depreciate much more than the car itself if that makes sense.

As to whether you'd want one is another story.
The "goofy" shocks seem to cause some people some problems by being either noisy, or leaking oil.
The 5 point racing harnesses have been obsoleted by 6 point harnesses.
The ACR wheels seem to still carry a premium but I've been told mine are "UGLY"

If you're a more dedicated racer, you're probably better off getting a GTS and modding it the way that you want it.
If you're never going to hit the track you're probably better off with a GTS
If you're right in between, it might make a good choice for you.

You can read more about the shocks by searching the forum for "ACR". This might be the best post though. OMG! - ACR guys

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

When I started looking, I quickly ruled out an ACR for myself. I know my plans for the car didn't call for it, and I wasn't about to pay extra for things I didn't want ... in particular those wheels that I'm not too crazy about.

It's all about what you plan for the car - What YOU want out of it.

Mike M

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As a recent purchaser of an ACR it seemed to me like the ACR package added anywhere from zero to about $5,000 to the price of the typical non-ACR models. I believe the ACR option was a $10K package with the comfort group adding a little more to the price.

As the cars depreciate, the $3K stripes and the $10K ACR package cost seem to depreciate much more than the car itself if that makes sense.

That is very true. It is all about how much the person wants the ACR version. I have seen them go for just a little over a stock car to thousands over. Afterall the option was $10K so even if it was $5000 more now, that is still a good deal.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In my opinion, (biased), the ACR is worth it for the amount over the GTS. The whole concept of the Viper is to be at the limit - extreme. The ACR is at that limit point. There will be those willing to pay the extra price to get it. Look at the price difference between some classic Corvettes, for example a 425 or 435 horsepower big block. The price differential can be large in the future as seen in those cars, so theoretically you want the top of the line.

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Well as a former Manager w/ Chrysler Corporation, in my opinion, the ACR GTS will be the Hemi Cuda of the future. Commanding big $$$$$$ at places like Barrett Jackson and their future equivalent. Does this mean I'm going to sit on mine and worry about miles....hell no, I'm going to drive it a ton and have fun. :usa:

safireviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought mine because of the wheels and some track time. I do know that a special edition will bring more bucks in the future. It's a numbers game. Always has been and always will be. Look at price now for AAR' Cuda's compared to non-hemi 'Cuda's. And like D.K., I plan to enjoy driving mine for many years to come.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I do agree that ultimately the ACR low mileage cars are going to be the top sellers someday - Assuming this market doesn't correct itself hard and then forever stay in the realms of reason.

Mike M

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The BBS wheels are a nightmare to clean after a weekend at the track...

96GTS232

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In my opinion, (biased), the ACR is worth it for the amount over the GTS. The whole concept of the Viper is to be at the limit - extreme. The ACR is at that limit point. There will be those willing to pay the extra price to get it. Look at the price difference between some classic Corvettes, for example a 425 or 435 horsepower big block. The price differential can be large in the future as seen in those cars, so theoretically you want the top of the line.

exactly what you said!!! :2tu: