How many are waiting on a Gen V Vert?

BLUEVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A convertible is the only way to go for me. Of the three Vipers I have owned (with the 2010 Final Edition being my current ride..) I would not consider anything else. With the "reneissance" that is going on with the current Viper, I hope the next convertible will be along the lines of the Ferrari California. I love the fact that a "hard top" look can be transformed to a "convertible look" with one easy push of a button.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the pics from VOI, can anybody share them vs concepts by automags?

Steve, I don't know if anyone got a pic, Ralph really pushed on no pics, cell phones away and then it was up on the projection screen, one was a pretty quick pic then a design diagram rotating in a 360 style.

The pics you're seeing above & in mags are very very close, it really is the coupe with just the top removed, the vert top looked to fold the same way, you could clearly see the roof folded in the trunk top just like the gen 3/4. The only major cue I saw was that the hoops weren't black plastic looking, they looked silver, like aluminum, like a BMW Z roadster style. I'm hoping they are "real" vs bling that we need to replace for track duty. Hope that helps.
Dave.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen V Vert will be even more stiff and solid than the previous versions. The Gen V was designed from the beginning to be produced as a convertible. The new frame is much stronger and resistant to deflection than past Verts. The new engine cross over will also add additional stiffening.

Imagine it will use the same, hybrid/soft convertible top, where the top and rear window are rigid, and the folding part is canvas.

I believe there will be serious consideration in going with a metal folding roof for the upscale marketplace, as well as canvas for the lighter weight offering.

This, perhaps could be the most beautiful Viper ever built.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187