how many miles are on ur 08,any problems yet?

OP
OP
B

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1720 miles since 12/05/07....New tranny (excessive gear rattle)....Vibrating power steering hose which the dealer replaced and did not correct the problem...SRT came to the dealer and replaced everything and after 35 miles it started again....Vibration causes a loud high pitched hum that is louder than the engine...Anyone experience this? Really like the car and don't believe I could part with it.......

hey *****,i noticed mine when turning right upon decelleration(20 mph or so)a power steering noise(like its low on fluid noise)for a quick moment,but after 550 miles seems to have gone away,maybe my pump just needed to break in?weird did not do it on left turns.maybe all:usa: that stuff needs to break in,maybe its got some air in the system,try turning wheel lock to lock and purge some air out of the system?just a wild suggestion that wont hurt.take care buddy,also thanks for the pm reply!

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey *****,i noticed mine when turning right upon decelleration(20 mph or so)a power steering noise(like its low on fluid noise)for a quick moment,but after 550 miles seems to have gone away,maybe my pump just needed to break in?weird did not do it on left turns.maybe all:usa: that stuff needs to break in,maybe its got some air in the system,try turning wheel lock to lock and purge some air out of the system?just a wild suggestion that wont hurt.take care buddy,also thanks for the pm reply!

I have this same issue on right hand turns....how many others have this problem and what is the fix? I have had this since brand new same as above below 20 mph and right hand turns sounds like power steering noise and its not every time but appears after car has run without sharp right turns for some time. Is there a way to purge air out because that is what is sounds like it may have in it. I have about 1200 miles and this is the only thing I have noticed as the only apparent glitch since new.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update.
2800km (about 1800 miles). Still all good except I'm on my second set of brake pads (front), third set of front tires and second set of rears..... Once I did a track alignment the tire wear has been WAAAAYYYY better.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1200 miles and the normal tire pressure sensor went off and low battery light too. Otherwise runs great and no issues.

Bruce

MY600HP

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have this same issue on right hand turns....how many others have this problem and what is the fix? I have had this since brand new same as above below 20 mph and right hand turns sounds like power steering noise and its not every time but appears after car has run without sharp right turns for some time. Is there a way to purge air out because that is what is sounds like it may have in it. I have about 1200 miles and this is the only thing I have noticed as the only apparent glitch since new.

Make sure the PS fluid level is right at or slightly above the full line of the reservoir. If you don't track the car you can tolerate a little higher fluid level and this will help.

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
13,500 miles on my 100% stock 2008...13,000 by the one previous owner though and still makes 550 RWHP stock. No real issues to my knowledge, but just the other day I also noticed a rattle in what sounded to be the dash defroster vent when going over bumps. I think I've noticed it once or twice since...was this something that adding the extra insulation resolved for you, Malu59RT?

9500 miles on my car since February:

2 headlights replaced (condensation build-up)
Trim panel behind seats on order (warping)
Rattle on the defroster vent (added insulation)
Squeaking noise at low speed (assumed a bushing the first time, not yet fixed).
There's a popping noise on deceleration from 40mph, turning in and releasing the clutch (not resolved yet)

3 oil changes....a million smiles

One hasty decision to purchase that I don't regret. Definitely my favorite car in the world. :2tu:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
17,200 miles on my 06

A couple of oil pan leaks, which were fixed under warranty. A leaking shock. Then a freaky crack in the lens of my left fog light. That's it

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure the PS fluid level is right at or slightly above the full line of the reservoir. If you don't track the car you can tolerate a little higher fluid level and this will help.

I will check and give that a try. What is the proper fluid to by to top it off for the 2008 or 2009?

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5800mi on m '08 Coupe. Great Car! Stock except for short shifter and Corsa Cat Back.

1. Wind noise at the top of Driver's Window. One Dealer said that they could not fix it because no adjustments. It is at a 2nd dealer now.

2. Clutch replaced under warranty. I only reported a bit of a sound and have not idea why the clutch was replaced as it felt the same before and after.

3. Some type of popping sound from passenger side door seals--at Dealer now.

4. Rear end being replaced due to large metallic sound/thunk in the rear on low speed tight radius corners.

5. Some misc. interior rattles, possibly just caused by engine vibration/noise.

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
09 coupe 2,000 miles... nothing yet. The only warranty issues I've had were a line on the hood near the vent, looked like glue or it wasn't painted. Dealer couldn't fix it completely but enough to make me happy. Also the door speaker grill wasn't painted completely, looked dirty everytime I got in the car.

I did spin out in 40 degree temps and hit a snow bank so I replaced the front bumper cover.

My car had the popping sound rounding corners but I think it only occurs in low temps, I hear it's the tires gripping and hopping around the corners at low speeds.

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar ATF+4 transmission fluid.

Thank you. I checked it and the levels appears correct. Not low at all. I am going to pull my wheel this wekeend and look at the right front control arm, fender panels, etc to see if something is rubbing. It is weird only when turning sharp right at low speeds and not all the time either. Sounds like power steering/grinding/rubbing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang