HOW MANY MILES WITH A SUPERCHARGER??

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a weird topic. There a plenty of guys with super chargers, but I have seen the question asked couple of times but the threads goes off topic. Ok, so here we go.

1) How many miles on your viper when first supercharged?
2) How many now?
3) What unit? Any problems?

Hopefully anyone considering a supercharge will know what to expect.

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 18000 miles on my 98 GTS prior to installing my Roe SC. I now have 31000 miles on the car. 13000 trouble free ear-to-ear grinning miles later, I'd do it again in half-a-heartbeat!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 25,280 when I first installed it, problems surfaced at 28,825, all revolving around Paxtons poor choice/componets used in the fuel delivery system. It was a "DIY" kit, that proved to be far from DIY.

Paxton and I are activily in discussions to resolve my situation, but nothing other then "talk" at this point.

I personally recommend the paxton kit be put on by a tuner.

Bob D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed my Roe SC in May of 2003 at 26300 miles and now have 34600 mi. I haven't had any problems and still don't use a drop of oil. Oh wait! I did have a problem. I had to swap my 3.55's for the stock 3.07's because I couldn't keep the tires from spinning!

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got you all beat. I supercharged my car with 40K miles on the odometer. Got alost 2K miles on it since, with about 1,000 of them HARD miles (under boost!) Ha.

Skyhawk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LIVIPER - This isn't answering the exact question that you asked, but you may be interested anyway.

Last November, I went to the Viper Plant open house. While there, I was lucky enough to speak to Charlie Brown II. He is the person responsible for the Viper engine development. My questions for him were all oriented toward finding out how long a stock Viper engine would last with a supercharger installed. Condensing a half an hour of talking into one sentence, he said that increasing engine RPM by 1000 is a lot harder on the engine than adding another 100 or so HP at the present RPM limit.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but we're talking about adding 500 hp :) So that's the equivalent of revving a V-10 to say 10,000 rpm, huh?

Chad

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to give you an example (non viper) My cousin has a 94 GT mustang and he bought it with 12k on it and put on a procharger at 14k and he now as 71k on it.

BTW that mustang has to be the fastest I have ever been in, not sure of the numbers but he beats z06 vettes,although lost to me when my 99 RT was bone stock

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang