how many of you are running 65 lb injectors in your car?

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do Vipers using the VEC2 require a high impedence injectors?

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock computer, VEC2, and AEM do not have drivers for peak and hold injectors. You can get a resistor box (AEM makes one) and run the low impedence injectors if you want. Don't run low impedence injectors without a resistor box of some sort. It will cause excessive heat in the computer and ruin it. I've been reading the AEM forums and they seem to think that you can run high impedence injectors without problems up to 70 Lbs/hr. I guess after that you have trouble controlling injector pulse at low rpm and idle with a large high impedence injector. I'm still looking into my options with the larger injectors.

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the RC Hi-Z 72's in my Z06. No issues with idle and driveability is great.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am just curious on driveability...I got the Mototron injectors that are 65lb's Mine idle fine, but man what a difference vs the 42lb's I had. I am hardly even using my injectors. I have a long ways before these things are maxed out.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a low injection driver box for a VEC2 if anyone needs one. I am running 55# at 45psi, told a while to trim it out, but now it runs good. 65#injerctors are good for about 900 Hp if you have enough pump to back them up Are you noticing a pressure drop?

txlen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm running 83lb low impedence injectors in the Twin Turbo car i'm building...had Sean build me a resistor box and it idles and drives jus fine!!..in fact i'm taking fuel out of it!!.....

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a low injection driver box for a VEC2 if anyone needs one. I am running 55# at 45psi, told a while to trim it out, but now it runs good. 65#injerctors are good for about 900 Hp if you have enough pump to back them up Are you noticing a pressure drop?

Actually I have noticed pressure drop but I don't think it has to do with the pump yet. My guess is that the fuel is still getting a bit warm when driving for a couple of hours. Usually happens when I am less than 1/2 a tank of gas. If the fuel is still cool...I have no pressure drop. But if I do see pressure drop I take it my pump can't keep up.