How Much Are Greg Good's Heads?

Reaction score
Re: How Much Are Greg Good\'s Heads?

You in need of a set of Viper heads Big Carrot? I can't do them. Our friend Trevor would strangle me if that happened. :shocked: Just kidding.

The final price depends on a lot of things, so I don't really have a set price. Larger intake seats add to the price. The factory intake seats are not really large enough for a 2.02" valve, and I prefer to put bigger ones in. Some guys don't want to spend the money though. Extra flow bench time to fine tune every last bit of flow from every port costs more. How good a set of heads ends up being is directly tied into how much time the head porter spends doing R&D work on the heads. That last 5-10 cfm is tough. Every time I find a small gain, I can incorporate it into the next set. Titanium retainers, Inconel valves, chrome silicon springs, it all adds up. I'm a custom shop, and every ticket is different. The best thing for a guy to do is call up or e-mail me with his engine combination, and what he wants the car to do, and I'll figure what needs to be done and quote it out accordingly.

Greg

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK - so how about a range?
It is pointless. It is obvious he's not going to give up the info. Sounds like the old "how much does it cost" question answered by the proverbial "how much do you have to spend" answer.

Reaction score

OK - so how about a range?
It is pointless. It is obvious he's not going to give up the info. Sounds like the old "how much does it cost" question answered by the proverbial "how much do you have to spend" answer.

You guys want a range? Ok. 2" stainless intake valves on stock seats, 1.600" stainless exhausts, Fully ported for 305 cfm intake and 225 cfm exhaust, milled to your chamber spec, bronze guides, assembled with endurance springs, steel retainers, heat treated spring locators, and locks, $3400 exchange.

Add 2.02's on big seats, more port work to get into the 315-320 range, chrome silicon springs $3700 exchange.

Titanium retainers, add $100.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Greg. I'd rather spend that money on your heads than put it toward a supercharger. Thanks for answering. Now I just have to find that new, higher-paying job. Hopefully you won't get all busy and raise the prices before then.

Mr. Good, since you are giving up the 411, do you need the intake manifold as well as the heads so you can match the ports? Or do the overall cross section of the entry stay the same size?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I gained over 100rwhp with not just a head port, but a minor head _update_! He took what was already done (a decent stage two port job done by someone else) and turned it into a powerhouse port job!

Well worth every penny. And since it was an update, it wasn't as much labor...

JD

Reaction score

That's right Joe, updates cost less because the head is already in a roughed in state. Less work, less money.

I like your sig, it's getting better all the time. Can't wait to see a "9" for the e.t.

Reaction score

Mr. Good, since you are giving up the 411, do you need the intake manifold as well as the heads so you can match the ports? Or do the overall cross section of the entry stay the same size?

Yep, it's advised to port the intake. I don't get really carried away with the intake because the bang for the buck just isn't there. I open for big throttle bodies, port match, and go in as far as my grinding burrs allow to widen and polish the runners ($450). I've done a couple of manifolds where I cut the plenum open, ported the runners completely, welded it all back up and didn't see much from it on a 550'ish rear wheel motor. If you're looking for every hundreth of a second, or have a big stroker engine, and don't mind spending mucho dinero for a small gain, it's alright.

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Lol....
Guess who I called yesterday to have my heads done? :D Greg...the heads should be there by Monday like we spoke about. I will call you to confirm.

All I have heard are good...I mean great things about these heads.

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You in need of a set of Viper heads Big Carrot? I can't do them. Our friend Trevor would strangle me if that happened. :shocked: Just kidding.

HA!! You know Trevor, I guess? Nahhh, he'll be alright! I hear good things about your heads! (pun intended) I'm not ready just yet, but I will be sometime soon. Looking for another car right now.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Greg,

Woodhouse is putting the heads you did for me back on my car as I write this post.

Can't wait to get the car on the dyno when finished!
I hope it gets properly tuned so I can make the most of your fine work....that's a variable YOU can't control unfortunately.

Thanks for the great turn around time also.

Ray

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Now I just have to find that new, higher-paying job. Hopefully you won't get all busy and raise the prices before then.

Go down to your local bank with the .38 blue steel and open up a line of credit.

Can you get 100HP from just heads? Wouldn't you have to clean up every bottle neck in the breathing? ie, exhaust, airbox, etc.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Can you get 100 HP from just heads?"

JD has a forced induction system.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

JD, you must mean on an engine that was already under boost.

Nice munbers ya got there....

Reaction score

Ray, did you get a chance to look at the heads before the install?

That's the lovely thing about boost Joseph, cfm gains are worth a good bit more HP on those engines. It'll surprise you. I was amazed at what your car did.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

wassup with the yellow side sills JD?

Greg, if and when my heads come off the car I will certainly have you touch them up a little. The big bozs are leaving me behind at the moment and I need every little bit of help I can get.

Good to see you again
John

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I JUST got a pair on my car and can't wait to tune it. I've heard Greg gives Good Head(s).. We'll see. ;)
I've got the the GG Heads, larger intercooler, 3x bigger injectors, etc
Before I was just pushing 800 at the rears. Can't wait to see what it can be tuned to. :2tu:

Greg, nice to meet you at the v10 Nats!

Gerald

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Greg, how much for just the port job with out buying the valves? I would like the bigger seats and the whole works, but we will be doing the work ourselves.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I JUST got a pair on my car and can't wait to tune it. I've head Greg gives Good Head(s).. We'll see. ;)
I've got the the GG Heads, larger intercooler, 3x bigger injectors, etc
Before I was just pushing 800 at the rears. Can't wait to see what it can be tuned to. :2tu:

Greg, nice to meet you at the v10 Nats!

Gerald

Yeah leave it to gerbil boy to turn a thread into his ****** **********. You're just sick!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hmmmm, Adam, I was hoping you'd come down, I had a suprise for you..! ;)

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Greg,

I couldn't get to Woodhouse to see the heads in person (they're a few hours away) but they're taking digital photos for me.

At the moment they're doing their own flow testing prior to installing them...it's good they're evaluating them so they'll know how much better they are than the one's they're currently using.

They are going to tune it first using the Unichip computer and then with the VEC2 for comparison (they want to evaluate the VEC2 to see if they like it better).
I'm all for whichever works best!

I'll let you know how it progresses.

Ray

rgavitt2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Concerning Greg's heads, I would prefer not to exchange my heads but have my heads worked on and modified. I want to keep all my numbers matching. Is no one else concerned about that? Thanks,RG

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Greg Good has the best heads in the Viper World as far as Im concerned.

My blower car has had a couple sets traded and upgraded and they work great!!! not to mention the power level increase.

He is also Very Honest and trust worthy! very Important! you will get what he tells you and theree will be no surprises.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Concerning Greg's heads, I would prefer not to exchange my heads but have my heads worked on and modified. I want to keep all my numbers matching. Is no one else concerned about that? Thanks,RG

I do not believe the heads are numbered, just the block.

Andy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte