How much did you pay in relation to MSRP?

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was buying my 96 GTS the California dealers I checked
with wanted minimum 5k over MSRP. I bought from Fitzgeralds
at MSRP with a few goodies thrown in. Times have changed..
much better deals available now!

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are so right about the Z06 prices. With a $7000 mark-up, Vipers can be bought for a lot less than sticker. Be ready to look nation wide for best deals. Check the classified on this site . Some dealers advertise under MSRP.

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 99 GTS new in December 99 off the dealer showroom floor for about $2000 off MSRP. That's a bit hard to know exactly because I was trading in a BMW M3, but $2000 is probably accurate given the difference between the trade in value, sticker price, and total dollar difference. Meaning, I either got a lot off sticker and mediocre trade in value, or I got a fantastic trade in value and purchased close to sticker.

My wife an I have ordered a 2001 Z06 that we will be purchasing for sticker.

Jim

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The days of over MSRP seem to be over.

If you have to step down to a Z06, call Rob Reinecke at Reedman WORLD OF CARS!, (800) 919-8200 and tell him "Morgan" sent ya. Great Prices UNDER msrp!

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mako, if you're not a current viper club member or viper owner, it could be very difficult to get a '03. Your best chance to get one would be to buy one now and join the club. I'm only repeating what I have read on this board.

It would appear that members and current viper owners will have first shot at purchasing the '03s.

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I CAN'T STAND this Mako guy. He irritated me over on the Vette forum, and now he has drifted over to MY HOME!!!!
You must be registered for see images
"Produce and we can do business" Ha!
You must be registered for see images

I've got an idea - produce your piss ant ZO6 on PCH or Moulton sometime and WE can do business!! Better yet, produce your pompous AS**** at Carlsbad and Venom, SoCal and I can do some business up and down the track all day while crowd wonders why you've got gills cut into the rear quarter panels of your C5.

PLEASE tell me that this isn't what the Viper community has been reduced to - Yuppies looking for the newest toy on the block. Rack me, I'm out.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of things:

1. If you do not own a Viper currently, you are NOT a member of the VCA.

2. The VCA is working very hard to insure that CURRENT Viper owners are given first crack at buying 2003s. VCA members were given first shot at the 96 coupe, but this program should be different.

3. Since the distribution model has not been worked out yet, no one has any allocation. Why would anyone give money to a dealer for 14 months when they don't know if they can even get a car?

4. Best bet - buy a Viper now to be able to buy one later. Sorry if you don't like it, but the VCA supports Dodge in many ways as ambassadors and we sell a BUNCH of cars for them. Rewarding customer loyalty is a noble thing for a comapny to do. I find it strange you'll give someone a deposit for a car that does not exist and has not guarantee to exist, but rewarding customer loyalty is distasteful to you? Sorry if it doesn't sit well with you, but it makes us very happy.

5. There are some fine dealers that are not looking to make a killing off any car - they are looking to build relationships. Find one of those dealers and you'll find the price is right.
\

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off... MACO, I said I'm only repeating what I've heard on this board, so you can stick it that information anywhere you like. Secondly, you can only be a member if you OWN a viper. Even if you owned one in the past, by the time the new '03 is available you will no longer be in the club. I was simply sharing with you the best way to assure that you will get a '03 early on when they are released.

There is a good chance that all the '03 will be purchased by current viper owners before the general public gets an opportunity to buy them. I might even consider buying one now, just so your all knowing little brain doesn't get one..... no I still think they look to much like a C-5.

"Have a take & do not ****"

How do you like that Kid97GTS....... Rome is to funny.

P.S. Trapper loves John!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kid97GTS, you crack me up, to funny. When are WE gonna drag, Venom (in his Z06) and I are going up to Famoso next Sat., wanna go?

I put a deposit on a 2003, it was only a couple of grand which I probably would of lost in the stock market. But I want to be one of the first.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that MAKO has ever bought a new Viper. August-October for new Viper delivery? Maybe he meant 2003!

Brian Denham

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through my local dealer. He did not have a car on site, but was able to put a locater on one for me. He had it shipped in for me on it's own transport. I paid about 6k under msrp, $69,000 even on my brand new 2000 gts. Even gave me a much lower than the average interest rate! I could not sign the contract fast enough! They went the extra mile and ordered me a set of floor mats at no charge. I got this deal without even having to utter a word in haggle. Simply walked in, said I was ready to purchase a viper and he came back with the deal. I hope my next purchase is as pleasant as the first! Good luck in your quest!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96