How much is reasonable for this ACR

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, as my previous post shows, I've been in an accident.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=478160&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

That being the case, what is a reasonable asking price for this car repaired as new by Defratus Collision (very reputable shop in Dallas)?

It's an '01 ACR, Sapphire Blue, 14,800 miles. It kills me to sell it, but its not the best daily driver for me. My wife and I work together, so most of the time we take her car, but the one time I had to drive the car in the rain, I get in an accident. No traction control or Active Handling got the best of me, I'm ashamed to admit.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Come on guys, there's a lot of knowledge and experience on this forum. What's a reasonable asking price for this car?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say low 50's to mid 50's. The accident does not bother most much unless it was not properly repaired.

Is this before or after repair pictures? If after I would say they did an excelent job. Those hood gaps look perfect, and are usualy dead give aways on poorly repaired cars.

goldfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flame Disclaimer:
I'm definitely not an expert on Vipers or Viper values, but can tell you that I shopped around for a long time and looked at lots of ACRs before I bought my 2001 a few months back and I may or not be representative of your standard "ACR" Viper buyer.

I was looking for a red or sapphire blue 2001/2002 ACR with low miles and no stripes. A member on
this board was selling his 2001 1500 mile red ACR for $61K and I barely missed that one. I picked up my 6400 mile mint red ACR for 59K. There was a sapphire blue car for 60K that had 6K miles on it that I passed on. I saw several other 2001 ACRs for sale that were around the same price in the same condition. These were all for sale in the early-middle part of summer (prime season) and most of the cars were mint with no advertised accidents. I didn't want a car that had been in any accident of any sort and wouldn't have purchased one. I still think it's a buyer's market, especially with the winter season here. Thirty years from now when ACRs are getting today's hemi-cuda prices :) an accident won't matter, but now it does - at least to me.
So, I would guess 50-51k Private Party winter price.

OP
OP
B

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the replies. I have it for sale at $58k now, but really hope to get $55k.

Brannon

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
goldfish,

The problem is that they "didnt advertise their accidents", this does not mean they didnt have any. Vipers are very prone to little mishaps just because of their nature. BJH1 is being honest and is maticulous about repairing it right, most others will not be.

While I agree with you on the buying a car without the incident, you are buying a used car which means there are no guarantees.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still curious, are these before or after pictures? I'm guessing before only because I see the lower fascia appears to have been scrapped.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but did anyone see this ACR sell on Ebay??

2001 Salvage ACR

$47,200 for a wrecked salvage title car?? Wonder if it actually sold.....

I remember seeing that auction. I can't believe it actually went up to 47K. I will have to check back and see if the buyer leaves feedback.

OP
OP
B

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still curious, are these before or after pictures? I'm guessing before only because I see the lower fascia appears to have been scrapped.

ViperJohn, these are before, but Defratus assures me that when they are done it will look exactly the same. From the recommendations I've had from them, I believe them. They work on a lot of the local celebrities' cars, like the Cowboys players. They have a great rep.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BJH1,

Be sure to examine everything they repair and make sure they replace broken internal components such as radiator support. The gaps will be your biggest tell tale when the job is complete.

Z06J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Brannon, I am sorry it you posted pictures of the car when it was wrecked but what exactly happened to the car? Are you in Dallas?

OP
OP
B

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also will the car still have a clear title?

Jason, I did a little hydroplaning on I-20. The front of my car hit the car beside me. Defratus assures me they will repair good as new. One headlight needs to be replaces as well as the bumper cover. All I'm waiting on is the bumper cover to come in. I hoping to get $53k for it. We'll see.

OP
OP
B

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gary at Defratus says the damage was minor and no suspension or damage underneath. I was fortunate. I sent you a PM.