How much is the Nav option?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the RB1 with Nav.

I used it for the first time last weekend and it worked quite well. Easy to use once you learn the "input system". Not sure it's really worth the price since you can get a comparable GPS system that sticks to the windshield for $250....but it's nice to have in the dash as OE.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Buy Naders. I just installed it mostly for the IPOD controls. However not only is it many gens back of contemporary technology the screen is too small to make good use.

It is eye candy only. Barely serviceable as a NAV unit in my opinion.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with ravenfan,,,,,,junk compared to other units. I had one for about 2 weeks and sent it back because the FM Reception was horrible

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasnt stating I was selling mine. I was just stating there are cheaper ways to get one. I guess I could have been more detailed. I will have to disagree with you. I found the RB1 to be a much better unit than the stock stereo in all ways. I never thought the screen was too small and, while there are better aftermarket NAV units available, none has the stock look of the RB1. Also you have better control over the sound with the RB1 also. I use the NAV function all the time and would never go back. Lastly combining the RB1 and ipod kit is a must. You get the ability to control the ipod through the rb1 and view all song, track, artist information. Can't get that with any other system at that price.

Buy Naders. I just installed it mostly for the IPOD controls. However not only is it many gens back of contemporary technology the screen is too small to make good use.

It is eye candy only. Barely serviceable as a NAV unit in my opinion.

Last edited:

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No arguement from me. It is a big upgrade especially with the iPOD adapter. Makes the experience with the Viper even better. I just can't say that it is nearly on par with the NAV options I have in other cars.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember that the $1790 option includes the satellite radio box (Sirius), so it's pretty much the same cost as purchasing an RB-1 + sat box at list price....

plus, its done... No searching out one.. There are several different versions of the RB1... The ones everyone talks about being on skee-Ebay for $500-$600.. Are the OLD AB,AC Jeep versions..

Be advised, The screen will display Jeep with these units, and WILL NOT change. The dodge logo is not loaded into these units.. Make sure if your buying an RB1 with the part# on the radio itself (not the kit) ending in "AI", and the disk is at least AE or AF version..