how much power with 7lb on roe blower?

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are some power numbers you can expect with a roe blower with 7lbs of boost? mods are 70mm tb-1.7 t&d-catless-corsa and elites cold air intake system(much better than the vipair so its more than the 50 hp seat of the pants than the vipair).

David Weaver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did a 99RT/10 that made 595 power and 632 torque. It has: Borla cat back, no cats, STOCK rockers, STOCK exhaust manifolds, STOCK throttle bodies. 7 pounds of boost, larger injectors than what is normally shipped with the Roe kit, and a fuel pump booster. I had to back the car down a little for street use. It was pinging at higher RPM's due to boost creep (10 pounds at 4500 RPM and up, needs headers and rockers to be more efficient).

DW

OP
OP
F

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh ya i forgot to mention i had bb 1 3/4 headers and the msd voltage booster for the fuel. i thought with the mods i have it should pull 600 @ 5lbs. how much more with 7lbs?

David Weaver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a 97 GTS with 1 3/4 B&B headers, no cats, Borla cat back, T&D's, fuel pump booster, 70mm tbodies. The initial numbers were 641 torque and 622 power (that was a 6 pound pulley we machined .100 of of so it was close to 7, did not check it).
With 8 pounds, it made 686 torque and 642 power.

DW

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David

That is some serious power for that set-up. Very Impressive!

wiLL SOME OF THESE CARS be at the V-10 Nationals?

OP
OP
F

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice #'s david i still have cast pistons so i wanted to see what the boys running 7 pounds were putting down. can anyone that has been tuning there vec 2 give me some #'s so i can see the fuel load and rpm based percentages they are using? i have increased my fuel load by 17% richer and my rpm fuel 10% richer from 4000 up. it just seems that is a huge increase. i didn't do the a/f on the dyno. i did it with a wideband while i was driving.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got done with installing rockers and the 7psi pulley/50 lb injectors. BIG seat of the pants improvement. I can tell by the boost levels of the 5psi vs. the 7psi pulley that the rockers are definately letting the engine breath better. The 5psi (stock rockers) would immediately go to 6psi and creep some....the 7psi (roller rockers)goes to 7psi.....not much creep if any so far, have only driven it today. Without the rockers the 7psi should have went directly to 8psi and creeped...IMHO

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you can drive Joseph's car again. I will let you take mine a couple trips as well. But i get some flight time in the airplane!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boost creep: As the rpm goes up the boost is also slightly increasing...3000rpm is 5psi and it "creeps" to 6psi by 6000rpm....because the blower is pumping more air in it's higher rpm than the engine can move. Less likely to happen on a good breathing engine, ie heads/cam car.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boost creep: As the rpm goes up the boost is also slightly increasing...3000rpm is 5psi and it "creeps" to 6psi by 6000rpm....because the blower is pumping more air in it's higher rpm than the engine can move. Less likely to happen on a good breathing engine, ie heads/cam car.
Wouldn't "boost creep" be a good thing? Helps to develop more power at higher RPM, right?

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony
With your new set up the 9's are yours. Go ahead and make us Roe boys proud. I bet your car is a beast with the 7lb set up. Take it to the track soon and be sure to video. I still watch the old one you sent me. :2tu:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony how dangerous would it be for me to upgrade to the 7lb set up? I have an 02 car and know the pistons are a issue but do you think it would be definent failure. I've also got the 1.7 T&D's.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be better for the engine to be more efficient in moving air, then the pressure would not rise on the gauge. Remember, the blower moves the same amount of air whether the gauge pressure is steady or rising. This does not necessarily apply to a centrifical blower (maybe a little)it will be rising...a screw blower has a more stable boost level.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony how dangerous would it be for me to upgrade to the 7lb set up? I have an 02 car and know the pistons are a issue but do you think it would be definent failure. I've also got the 1.7 T&D's.

I wouldn't do it unless I had extra pistons in stock :) I think your next upgrade would be roller rockers. With cooler weather you also need to keep a good ear for detonation to see if a little more timing retard is needed.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't there also a loss of power as the engine gets hot and S/C reaches a point of heat soak? This is the reason turbo and S/C guys ice the engine intakes on the dynos and between runs and add intercoolers?

Snake Eyes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Trent,

I Just finished installing my Roe w/8lb Pulley I also have belanger 1 3/4 headers and Belanger catback w/no cats, 70mm Throttle bodies, 50lb injectors, and vipermeds Air intake housing as well as his vipair, I do have 1.7 T&D's but have not yet installed them. I too am curious what the normal yield should be for this setup. My first dyno pull was 603rwhp/630tq. But that was with Sean's pre-programmed 93' Octaine card. I am still in the process of tuning and will be putting my T&D's on soon. Does anybody know or have an Idea what I will gain with the T&D's?

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"Does anybody know or have an Idea what I will gain with the T&D's?"

We picked up 26 RWHP in our test.

Regards,
Sean

OP
OP
F

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
snake eyes what pulley did you use to get the 603/630 #'s? 26 rwhp :ooo: my rockers need to be adjusted i think.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2MANYTOYS

I am no expert but I don't think you should try the 7lb pulley right now but if you wait until the aftercooler comes out then there is a good chance you can run more boost without detonating. DLM runs more than 7lbs of boost on his sc cars but his sc'ers are intercooled. Lower cylinder temps means you can run more boost or timing or maybe both.

Trent

Strap that puppy on a dyno and quit guessing. Better yet just blow that thing up and go for the new pistons/heads/cam.

At your elevation I don't know if you need the new injectors. I would just ******** the smaller pulley and see what happen with the a/f. If you can't add enough fuel then rip it apart and put the injectors in.

Good luck and keep us posted