How much room do you need to save in the trunk...

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm hoping its not too much... I have to somehow figure out how to fit a weeks worth of my wife's stuff not to mention something for me for a week in the trunk of an RT/10...

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for the goodie bag? ;)

Seriously.....

Best to just plan on shipping back the items. Plus, that way you would not need to worry about what you buy at the marketplace on opening night!

Another option.... a friend from your area that is trailering can carry back your goodies, and you pick them up at an event in the future :)

Folks shipping their cars, ofen stuff 'em full for the return trip ;)

Goody bags at last Vegas VOI were really nice garmet bags stuffed with all sorts of things. Past VOI goody bags have been duffle bags to back pack sized. Two of them would easily take up a third of an RT/10's trunk.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
None. Just find a place to ship/mail it back, and don't worry about it.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the top up and utilize every cubic inch of available space. RT/10s are the most unforgiving. Don't forget about space under the seats between the adjuster tracks.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two people for a week? You won't have room. I did VOI7 solo with a drive into Nashville, and had the spare seat loaded for the return trip with the softtop in the trunk. That was for just a few days. Even if you have the top on, there's not much storage in the cockpit with two people riding, so you will probably have to ship a bag back. Not a big deal.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you run out of options, I could ship it for you. I've probably got a few boxes laying around if you need some.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Two people for a week? You won't have room.
Well, it *is* possible; I've done it. A couple of tips - there is a LOT of room under the seats, and, hanging bags work well behind the seats.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man , sounds like I'm going to have to bring an Extra suitcase!!!! UPS should make a kill'nnn.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it *is* possible; I've done it. A couple of tips - there is a LOT of room under the seats, and, hanging bags work well behind the seats.

Did you have 2 helmets too?

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Waer them on the drive to Vegas... :nana:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We went to the Dallas VOI for a week and a half and took 1 helmet. Put on over 3000 miles. It can definitely be done. That's with the spare tire in place as well. What worked really well for us was a ******'s type duffel bag which took up most of the entire RT/10 trunk space. You can pack a LOT of stuff in a bag like this. As a matter of fact, it could have held more than we took. The trunk sides could still be used. All cleaning stuff was under, and around, the spare tire. Tool kit in the hollow of the spare tire. We carried a smaller leather bag to load clothes into on the way down and back.

Shipping will be provided on site. Ship the goody bag and whatever else you buy. Heck, we even put all the dirty laundry in the box and shipped it as well. Got home the same day we did. At the Nashville VOI, pre-duffel bag, I took 2 helmets and packed them full of underware and socks. Under the seats holds a lot more than you would think.......besides the obligatory RT/10 rain towels ;) .........Of course, I have since learned that a piece of black duct tape across the top of the windshield/soft top totally solves any leaking problems on a GEN II. Works pretty slick although not something you want to many non-Viper people witnessing

Steve

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The helmets do take up a bunch of space. Add the driving suit, driving shoes, driving undershirts and underwear and it's not easy.

Just ship it or trailer it like I do.

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21