How much $$$$ to extrude hone a Viper intake ?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure, but better be 100% sure the media they use is completely clean from the intake before installation. Not sure if you remember the one post where it supposedly caused engine damage.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
last time i checked it was $850.00 Company located in Extrude Hone near Pittsburg, PA

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lingenfelter's shop said they were still doing some component work to Vipers. Maybe they're still cutting open intakes, porting them, and welding them back together.

It'd cost you more, but it might give you more than the 7hp extrude honing typically gives..

:usa:

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if extrude hone is only going to give 7hp for that amount of work and money, it it really worth doing it for 7 hp?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been posted more than once that the gain is under 10hp.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'll bet that 7hp "feels more like 50hp" SOTP. :)

Just kidding, sorry, I couldn't resist.

James Bell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ever seen a Hogans Racing (sheet metal) manifold for a Viper? I just had them make a cross ram style for my Gen-1. The plenums are huge with tapering 10inch (straight) runners. They also make a (centered plenum) manifold with short runners for a forced induction set-up.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine for my miata(4 cyl) was around $400 4 years ago there has to be more people doing this now. i remember see it advertised in his name who may not be mentioned here for around $1,500, also a few years ago.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have done many extruded manifolds and have tested the results. Power gains are not big but in combination with other modifications they add up. When extruding a manifold
you need to do some followup checks and make some minor port changes to make everything work right. On certian applications these modified manifolds make a big change, others they do not. The year matters also.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.hogansracingmanifolds.com shows V8 manifolds starting at about $2500. How much did yours cost, and - any documented gain in hp or ET with your Gen1? Post some pictures!!!
They wrote me back and said the intakes are $3200 for the Viper...and the Viper manifold is on the cover of the catalog that's on its' way.