How much to paint dash?

CuHead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a copperhead color coupe, and I want to paint my two dash trim pieces to match the body color. These are the trim pieces for the front radio section and then the shifter and handbrake section. I have seen quite a few Vipers with these pieces painted.

Any idea what it should cost to have a paint shop do these two pieces?

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow I got a deal :headbang:

I paid $125 & have some paint from the job too...

You must be registered for see images

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard is it to take the 2 panels off. I think the one by the e brake just pulls off? what about the other.

The top portion probably comes off by the screws that are exposed. I am going to do mine this week, but does anyone know how to paint the cig lighter?

DT04R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmm, so it looks like no one paints the cig lighter, does it not come off or something?

You could paint it. But to me it's like the window controls or radio or ac vents. It's not part of the console, but is in the console.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could paint it. But to me it's like the window controls or radio or ac vents. It's not part of the console, but is in the console.

Hmmmm, yes i see what you mean now. I figured it would be an eye sore on a yellow dash, but i suppose the a/c vents and radio etc.. are that color too. Now i am not sure if i should paint it or not....

fixumm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmm, so it looks like no one paints the cig lighter, does it not come off or something?
i painted mine as the stripe runs thru it. i just have my fuzz buster pluged in and it looks black

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
to remove the top piece, i guess you have to remove the e-brake piece too? does it just pop off, or are there any clips or bolts?

fixumm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the lower one just snaps off but remove shifter ring and shifter first. and for the top one just remove the screws and pull out 2" to 3" to get to the wire's so you can unplug them. i had one plug that was real hard to get to as the wire loom was short.

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so you do have to remove lower one to take off upper piece? why do you have to remove shifter ring and shifter?

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to remove the lower piece to remove the upper one.

Below the level of the of the bottom console panel, there is a small screw that has to be removed to get the top panel released.

On mine the hardest part was the wire harness for the heating cooling controls. There was very little wire available to pull the panel out. I used small offset pliers to release the plug...

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was easier to put back on.

I used the offset pliers to take off and put the piece back on. Pliers made it easier to grab the plug and not pull the wires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang