How to for Roe S/C removal & reinstall?

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am running a boost a pump. Check voltage where?

Aren't you able to log with your VEC? You could use a good OBD tester and have someone else watch it at WOT to see if the voltage is dropping off drastically.

Could you elaborate on this? Are you saying that fuel pump voltage may be low and causing a lean condition or that the BAP is taking the voltage of the whole system down and affecting other electronics?

If there is a problem with the charging system or it cannot meet the demands of the BAP (which is nothing more than a voltage regulator) it cannot over spin the pumps to compensate for the added fuel need possibly causing a lean condition. This is a common problem on 03/04 Cobras with BAPs. Especially when the BAP is not wired with a 10ga power supply wire directly from the battery.

Not saying this is the problem, just throwing it out there that it could possibly be an issue and should be checked.

OP
OP
R

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't you able to log with your VEC? You could use a good OBD tester and have someone else watch it at WOT to see if the voltage is dropping off drastically.

If there is a problem with the charging system or it cannot meet the demands of the BAP (which is nothing more than a voltage regulator) it cannot over spin the pumps to compensate for the added fuel need possibly causing a lean condition. This is a common problem on 03/04 Cobras with BAPs. Especially when the BAP is not wired with a 10ga power supply wire directly from the battery.

Not saying this is the problem, just throwing it out there that it could possibly be an issue and should be checked.

I've never tried datalogging with my VEC. I wouldn't know where to start and wouldn't know what I was looking at if I were successful at it. :lmao:

I am running the BAP but also have an upgraded 255 fuel pump. My tune is done by PBJ and my A/F ratio is spot on.:dunno:

OP
OP
R

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had similar issues when I had my Roe. I thought it was a bad MAP sensor and replaced it but it kept doing the same thing. I figured out later that it was because it was not tightly mounted. With the Roe tubes in the way the MAP is only strapped on with zip ties. Make sure those are tight and the sensor can't vibrate. With your detonation it sounds like maybe your tune is too aggressive. I had a 10lb pulley without any W/M and I had no pinging at all. Although when I had MAP sensor issues no matter what I did it would detonate.

I looked at the MAP sensor today and I don't see any good way to secure it. It just hangs from the vacuum hose off the intake tube. Anyone have pics of a MAP sensor secured somewhere?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at the MAP sensor today and I don't see any good way to secure it. It just hangs from the vacuum hose off the intake tube. Anyone have pics of a MAP sensor secured somewhere?

There really isn't a good way to secure it. The only way is to zip tie it to the tubes. Unless you want to custom fabricate a bracket somehow.

OP
OP
R

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There really isn't a good way to secure it. The only way is to zip tie it to the tubes. Unless you want to custom fabricate a bracket somehow.

mine is ziptied to the little support arm for the cowl

Just got some info from Sean Roe. The MAP sensor should be connected with about a 5 inch length of vacuum hose and should be secured in an upright position to the large injector harness connectors (with the zip ties).

Mine is just hanging loosely from about a 1 inch section of vacuum hose. I'll definitely fix this.

Thanks for the info Sean.:2tu:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got some info from Sean Roe. The MAP sensor should be connected with about a 5 inch length of vacuum hose and should be secured in an upright position to the large injector harness connectors (with the zip ties).

Are those things secure enough? It seems like those are not really that solid either.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but if it's not solid your still going to have vibration issues and possibly rough running.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
img%5D
I made an extra bracket and tied mine down like this. no issues so far. Over 30K miles.

Steve

IMG_1127.JPG

IMG_11281.JPG

IMG_1130.JPG

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What about the Vec internal MAP?

I just had problems similar to the pinging, except that my 'tune would change all by itself. sometimes pinging, sometimes black smoke. 3 loose wires were my problem. I think I've got 'er fixed now! It was deiving me crazy. Tuner on dyno told me that I had a couple bad injetors. I switched injectors and plugs around to check the bad cylinders (yah, went to 1 dead and 2 low power cyl) and NO difference. Obviously a tune problem I kept telling the tuner. Problem was bad connections.

It makes me feel young again when I stomp the throttle. I can feel the instant facelift as the wrinkles in my face get pulled out by the acceleration. I love it.
Ted