How to get CD's to eject

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My CD player on my 2003 SRT10 is stuck. It will not eject nor play any of the six CD’s in the unit. It makes a noise like it trying to eject them and then displays “CD Error.” I counted it doing this nine times before it gives up trying to eject any CD after I select one to eject. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the CD’s to eject? I would like to exhaust any simple ideas on how to get them out before I take it to the dealer.

Thanks.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My CD player on my 2003 SRT10 is stuck. It will not eject nor play any of the six CD’s in the unit. It makes a noise like it trying to eject them and then displays “CD Error.” I counted it doing this nine times before it gives up trying to eject any CD after I select one to eject. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the CD’s to eject? I would like to exhaust any simple ideas on how to get them out before I take it to the dealer.

Thanks.

I had that problem one time with a infiniti radio not in a viper but in my dodge ram (still same radio) I disconnected the battery waited a few min. Then reconnect and press the eject and it came out. worth a try!

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
My Infiniti has the same problem too [so do many others]. There is no option but to replace them and wait for 4-6 weeks to get your CD's back. The Clarion player on the infiniti's is junk.

Hope it isn't the same problem on yours.

Radu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Howard, I know this won't help but since "misery likes company" I thought I'd chime in and let you know that I have exactly the same symptoms on my '04. Therefore I have six CDs I haven't listened to for a year since they've been stuck inside that radio! I was planning to upgrade the head unit at some point and just take apart the old one to get them out, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Let me know if the dealer's able to do anything for you.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard--call Tim first he may be able to help over the phone. If not under warrnty call Audio Express on Midlo and ask for Bill--tell him I told you to call. Terry

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had that problem one time with a infiniti radio not in a viper but in my dodge ram (still same radio) I disconnected the battery waited a few min. Then reconnect and press the eject and it came out. worth a try!

I disconnected the battery and waited a few minutes and then reconnected it. It didn't help. The CD player sounds like it's trying to load the CD's but I cannot get them out or play them. Now I cannot even get the radio to go to the CD player when I press the mode button.

I have an extended warrantee and the service advisor said I was covered except for the deductable. So I guess it's off to the dealer.

Thanks for the tip. It was worth a try.

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Howard--call Tim first he may be able to help over the phone. If not under warrnty call Audio Express on Midlo and ask for Bill--tell him I told you to call. Terry

Terry, I talked with Bill and he said all the 6 disk CD players have problems especially the Lexus unit. I could go with an after market one for $300-400 or an after market unit with GPS for $700-800. He doesn't sell the factory units but thought they would be in the $800-900 range.

Thanks.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard, if you're thinking about upgrading, try the RB-1 with NAV and the iPod kit. I did this in my 04 and it's great! Keeps the factory look (no cutting of the dash) and with the iPod, I take my entire collection with me at all times. Plus, you can control the iPod through the head unit. You can pick up an good RB-1 on ebay for a good price and the iPod unit is about $200...but you can do the install yourself very easily and save some $.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disconnected the battery and waited a few minutes and then reconnected it. It didn't help. The CD player sounds like it's trying to load the CD's but I cannot get them out or play them. Now I cannot even get the radio to go to the CD player when I press the mode button.

I have an extended warrantee and the service advisor said I was covered except for the deductable. So I guess it's off to the dealer.

Thanks for the tip. It was worth a try.
HowardBJr it looks like its dead good thing you have the warranty! good luck and sorry my resolution didn't work for you!

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My warranty runs out next month. The dealer called today and has a new radio ready to install. Thanks for your tip.

If they are like Cadillac they will send it back and promise to eject the CDs and return but they rarely remember. Mine got stuck in an XLR-V. In the end Caddy cut me a check for the 6 Cds. Keep after them.