How to keep the snake from scraping bottom

MannyG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure this problem has been discussed previously, but I'm a fairly new snake owner. When pulling into driveways and on uneven roads I keep scraping bottom on my 95 RT/10. If I go fairly slow, I can avoid most of the scraping (but what's the sense in going slow in a Viper). What are some things that can be done to help out the situation ?

Going from 17" to 19" tires may give me an additional inch of clearence. However, it will take an additional inch of clearence from above the wheels. Would that be a problem ?

Is there a cheaper alternative to replacing all the wheels and tires ? It seems to be really messing up my bottom-front painted surface.

Mannyg

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've given up on avoiding scrapes since no matter how hard I try, eventually there is a bump that's too high even at 45 degrees. Enjoy the ride and ignore the scratches on the underside. They're not visible anyway.

ggc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try the Sean Roe fix for this problem. It works pretty well for me. Sean Roe has several adhesive backed plastic bars which take the brunt of any scraping rather than the nose.

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How to keep the snake from scraping bottom

Try the Sean Roe fix for this problem. It works pretty well for me. Sean Roe has several adhesive backed plastic bars which take the brunt of any scraping rather than the nose.

--------------------
I keep losing those. They don't stick well even after prepping the surface with a solvent before they are placed....

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Snake Oyl Products sells an aluminum piece with 3 fingers that bolts to the underneath of the fascia using existing bolts already on the car. Works really well, I have one on my car and when you scrape, which you will, you hit that and not the fascia. Worth the money in my opinion

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My Roe pieces were falling off too...Sean told me to put a dab of silicone at the front and rear edge...hasn't moved since.

Really protects the front and a cheap solution.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I use the Snake Oyl "protective fork" and I agree with IEATVETS, it's worth the money and works well.

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can someone please post a link to both.......I need one or the other.
Thanks

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

dont know how to do that but the website is snakeoylproducts.com Cory is the owner and the #is 608-849-9878.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is one on EBAY right now, look under Viper accessories.

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just searched all 8 pages of e-bay viper accessories.
I could not find it. If you find it again could you post the item number please?

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Snake Oyl's website is being rebuilt right now, so it is down. Call Cory, he's a great guy and he will hook you up. Tell him you want the VCA discount. He can e-mail you a picture if you want.

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Will do,
thanks.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There are also side sill protectors available from Valaya Racing. Ted May will sell you a set of these aluminum runners that go under the car and bolt to the same bolt holes that the side sills use. You can see them advertised in the current Viper magaizne . 408-448-8811