How to post a photo into signature?

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:( Okay, I've uploaded a photo into the galleries section after reducing it to 32k. I want to get the photo into my signature, either under my post name (on the left of the screen) or into the right side of the screen where the actual signature line is. I can get the photo into the right side if I enter the [image]http...[/image] code manually in a post, but not to get it automatically entered via my Main Profile. I've also checked this board as much as I can, and don't see this specific problem addressed.
Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that under the preview mode, the photo was there, but only the http code shows in the actual post above.

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, I don't see that anywhere in the rules section. And this would make the headings "How do I add an image to my message" and "Is there a limit to signature image size" in the FAQ somewhat meaningless. These areas specifically state you can do this, and these are the instructions I have been following. Not to mention the fact that everyone else has a photo of their car by their sign-on name on the left side of the screen. Can anyone help me here?
Thanks,

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, here's the direct quote from FAQ's:

[i}In order to add an image to your message or your signature, you must have the image already available on a web server. This can be an image on your own personal web page, for example. To place an image within a message, simply use the following Markup Tag:

You must be registered for see images

For example, if you have an image called cateye.gif and its available from your own website at http://www.mywebsite.com/pics, then you would use the following image markup:

You can do the same for your signature. Click the My Home option found on any page. Then, under the Main Configuration heading, click on "Personal Information, email, password...". Look for the Signature box, and enter your desired information, including any images/markup as above.

Note: To keep the forums loading quickly for everyone, it is recommended that you do not exceed 35k for your image size. [/i]

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is one person on this forum who has a huge picture as his signature. I keep wondering why he is allowed this. Why? Because quite a while back I was sent an email telling me not to post pictures as signatures. Yet here this guy is still getting to do it. What's up with that? Who did he sleep with? LOL

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please take the pic out of your sig if you haven't done so. You already have it as your avatar. We don't need the same two pics every time you post. Plus, if you've ever tried to read some posts on the Corvette forum, you must scroll with your finger "roller" on your mouse at least 5 times to get to the next post (ok, a little exageration). No flame, just strong suggestion.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Exactly.......

Please take the pic out of your sig if you haven't done so. You already have it as your avatar. We don't need the same two pics every time you post. Plus, if you've ever tried to read some posts on the Corvette forum, you must scroll with your finger "roller" on your mouse at least 5 times to get to the next post (ok, a little exageration). No flame, just strong suggestion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4