How to reinstall the front fascia

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Does anyone know how to install the front fascia back so it's super tight along the headlights. It seems everyone I have seen always has a large gap between the fascia and the headlights.

Thanks

TitleMine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm making a full-HD professional quality video on how to do this in the next month or so, as soon as I get the free time. Being a dual Corvette/Viper family, I cannot believe the paucity of clear, information and illustrations surrounding common issues with the Viper like this. On CorvetteFourm, every common problem the old models have has been diagnosed and fixed to death with extensive photographs and many videos.

It took me forever and a day, after finding dozens of threads by owners with questions like yours, to find even one with any pictures or specific instructions about how to remedy it, and there are no complete guides anywhere. The service manuals (which I have) are worse than useless for it. It's a serious need.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I pulled-replaced the fascia on my RT I was amazed at how many folks had written that there are clip you "don't need to put back". I think this explains why some Vipers get gaps around the headlights…especially the heat.

There are a couple very near or under the headlights that were tough to put back…and you gotta push pretty hard to get the fasteners in tight. We found at the two worst locations by the headlights and did something different. These can't be seen once the car is together, so I threaded a bolt through the support from the bottom. It stayed in place and not only acted as a "hook" to hang the fascia on….put it was easy to put a nut with a large, captive, free-spinning washer on to hold the fascia. there wasn't enough room to push the plastic fastener….but we were able to reach in (or perhaps my wife did) to tighten the nut.

Titlemine…I'm anxious to see your video...

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Titlemine...they aren't Chrysler specific clips. I got a whole box made by W&E. Any good auto body supply shop should be able to get them for you...just take a sample with you.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my fascia off once and man was it a PITA to get back on. Hooked it on the one side/corner then took two of us to stretch pull it to slip around the other side. Reminded me of putting bed sheets on a mattress that got shrunk in the dryer.:)

On my GTS besides the numerous bolts fastening it along the bottom and inner wheel wells, there is 5 standard push-in "christmasstree" fasteners on the top which are easy to pop in with the hood open.
Also, there is one push-in type fastener underneath the headlights which i do not have and do not know how to get to. One of my headlights is tight to the bumper, the other has a slight gap, just enough where shining a flashlight through i can barely see that the fascia is aligned with the hole. So even if the fastener was in there it would make no difference...

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems everyone I have seen always has a large gap between the fascia and the headlights.

Really?

If its that serious then surely you would be able to find several pics on the internet to add to this thread to help others understand the situation you are talking about.
Give it a shot.

I photograph most local Viper events. See a lot of Gen2's (in person) and they all look good to me. Just flipped through a few albums and was not able to find one car with a noticeable gap between the headlight and bumper.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dom....the push fastener under the headlights is the one I replaced with a nit and bolt.

I don't have any pictures either, but I do remember many Vipers are Carlisle that had the "gap" where that fastener was missing. I mentioned it to my wife who remembered the ordeal that led to the nut/bolt situation. I think the heat of the causes it to open the gap...

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when you go to put front fascia back on set it out in the sun and let it get hot it will go back on very easy same as taking it off i done it too times its a PITA just take your time you will get the fit and finnish just fine!!!!!