How to repair/restore a SRT/10 hood emblem. Tips anyone?

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently I purchased a SRT/10 hood emblem. Unfortunatly it's not in a good shape.
Someone here wich allready machine polished this emblem?

I need to get rid of some scratches and don't know how thick the chroming is.

You must be registered for see images

Thanks.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bet you bought that on ebay. Those are scrap from the manufacturing process. I do not think they can be cleaned up or fixed.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would use some chrome or stainless polish(mild, or rubbing compound, but keep it off the cloisiene(non-metalic part) or tape those areas off when you do it. the emblems are not super expensive new so if you not happy after you try to buff it out i'd just buy a new one. upon looking closer if that upper left corner missing the metallic part of the border, you will definetly be better off buying a new one instead of trying to fix it

OP
OP
V

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Al the chroming is there... I think it looks like something is missing because of the flash.

I'll try rubbing it with Meguiars All Metal Polish and see what happens.
If it turns out without solving the problem, I'll sell it and make someone happy with it, and buy a brandnew one.
The emblem is indeed from ebay, but not sold as new, but as used with some scratches......

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperArry,

If you email me or call me with just what you want, I will get you a brand new OEM one and I can have it painted with OEM paint the way you want it.

Robbie

OP
OP
V

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Robbie,

Thanks for your offer! But I think the sending costs would be too high to be effective.

But if you want to make me an offer, don't hesitate to PM me. I recently got a Paypal account.... so buying overseas isn't a problem anymore.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[******] a new emblem costs around $75. It is cloisiene and not paint. If you paint it it will look "hillbilly." There are good ones on Ebay also. Just do not buy any that say they have a defect because they ARE defective.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Why can't you just buy a new one instead of messing with repairing an emblem???

I assume in netherlands it is not as easy, but just buy it new from the WWW and you will get it in a week or so.

OP
OP
V

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll stick with the most likely solution. I'll try to polish it myself, and then see what happens.

If nothing improves..... I'll buy a brand new one from internet.

Thought Robbie meant he could deliver OEM parts.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a black Gen 2 emblem off Ebay a few years back and put it on the front of my Eclipse over the diamonds (I really wanted a Viper lol). It stayed there for atleast a year until I was at a club in panama city beach, fl for spring break and someone ripped it off :curse:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personaly, I do not get it ether. If you want a stock one just buy a new one. If you want one that is painted and I think it looks tacky, then I can have my friend i town make you one. All I was trying to do was help you here.

Robbie

OP
OP
V

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thanked you for your offer.... and explained that selling and buying a new one was a better idea.

But thanks for your offer, I appreciate it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang